50; jingo jungle

How many guards had he attacked? Kōri lost count as he shoved his sword into another random guard's body. "The queen is going to flip when she realises the castle has lesser guards." He mumbled as he joined Iruka to climb the second floor. The brunette let out a small chuckle as he scanned the surroundings.

"She could just hire more people, right? And they're mostly well taken care of, right?" He wiggled his eyebrows as Kōri interpreted his sentence. A small smile appeared after before Kōri led the way. "And how confident are you that she'll give us breaks?"

"Very confident."

"Touche." Kōri stabbed another guard before securing the area. The corridor was splattered with blood and filled with the moaning sounds of the injured guards. Kōri had no intention to kill- he just wanted to break their movements. (although there were a few where he did intentionally kill) They were running late of their schedule, they had to reach the Queen's chamber, immediately.

Iruka and Kōri dashed across the now clear hallway before stopping abruptly in front of a golden, majestic door. Despite being here thousands of times, the servant always felt small in the social hierarchy compared to his dearest queen/friend (can he even consider Nami as his friend?)

Kōri ignored the jumbled feelings as he opened the door slowly, awaiting the young queen who is supposedly busy preparing herself for her coronation day. Iruka stood by his side, his hand prepared in case if some random guards suddenly pop out to extinguish them once and for all. They both stormed in, the determination to succeed now burning in their eyes.

The thing is, the room is completely deserted.

----------------

Kakashi felt like he was pulled back to his ANBU days every time he lays his eyes on those deep sapphire eyes. He remembered how he was speechless as Nami had cleared the field of thousands of bandits. It scares him when he remembers that Nami was only a young child back then. Imagine what force can the young queen do now?

He had entered the room Kōri had told him about- it was a room where all the future coronated rulers of the Snow Islands would go to before their ceremony began. If they couldn't find the queen in her bedroom, this would be the only other answer. The family heirloom.

Kakashi looked up at a portrait standing majestic in front of the big door at the far end of the room. It was an old portrait, as he makes out the faces of the old queen Natsu and Nami's father, Haru during their adolescent. The Hokage had to admit, Nami and Natsu really did look alike.

He had never thought what would he say when he meets the princess once again. What should he say? There were so many unresolved conflicts between them, if he just randomly chooses one really sensitive topic he'll just hurt her more. His mind reminded him of the marriage rumour. That one hurt his pride the most. Was that an act of revenge? A way to get back at him for hurting her with the same way?

"A really decent family portrait, isn't it? Who knew the family would be messed up months after the portrait was finished." Kakashi turned to be greeted with a shadow who had another pair of those cold, sapphire eyes glaring deathly at him. "Supposedly, once those two siblings were dead the throne would be pass to the nearest family beside them, but what did the public want? Somehow, they knew about Haru having a child before his death and wanted her to take the title next. I can't believe they were willing to wait for this long when the girl had been ruining herself by being one of those so-called bold 'shinobis'." Kakashi's blood boiled at his straightforward insult.

"As I know well, only the Fuyuhana household knows the existence of this room. You're not a Fuyuhana." The shadow approached Kakashi as he sniffed his scent. "You're not even on the guest list for today's event. My, my, who are you?"

Kakashi's hand rushed to reach the kunai hidden beneath his attire, alas, he felt that he couldn't move his hand at all. It felt like it was bound to something. The former looked upwards towards the scary figure in front of him. The shadows surrounding the mysterious human slowly fade away, exposing a tall, young man with the same features of Nami- except for the darker shade of blue orbs and streaks of black hair among his snow white hair.

"Well, care to explain who you are? You seem like someone well-known, exactly the type of people I would care less to know." The silver-haired threw a kunai at his opponent- only for it to pass through as he dodged it with his shadow. "Ahh, maybe you want me to introduce myself first?" The way the latter was carrying himself was downright pissing Kakashi off, but he had to control his temper if he wanted to know where was his lover.

"The name's Fuyuhana Kuro. In the Fuyuhana family tree, my family is second to be heir once that green-eyed snow girl dies. Supposed future ruler of the island once I marry that green eyed girl."

Kakashi didn't realise his hands were shaking when he heard the last sentence.

--------

It felt like she was bound to something, a force was stopping her from moving with her own free will.

She slammed the barrier in front of her. Behind her were two past barriers which she had managed to break free. Only one left stood between her and punishing these people who think they could get away with their criminal activities.

Now, if only she had the strength to break the biggest shield there is.......

"There's no point in thinking how to break that last one, Princess- I mean, Your Majesty." A familiar masculine voice could be softly registered by her ears. "Unless you could finally let your heart learn how to forgive, might as well watch as Hachi and San rule your kingdom with their puppet."

Forgive, was it that easy? She clutched her chest, the pain was still there. It hurts to see the memory constantly replaying in her mind. How he seemed so content to be beside someone else. Her body shook as she watches the shield in front of her grow stronger as her determination slowly withered to nothing. 

She begged for mercy and help to come soon.

------

I... is returned.

I'm sorry for not updating about 86 years prep school is tiring and a mess but I am slowly enjoying it and trying my best not to suffering. Also, forgive the uh, not really a presence of flow really I need a beta reader at. this rate aHHHHHH.

anticipate the next update in 2 months more hAHAHAHA jOKE (i hope)