07 ; of sudden changes

Fuyu was unsure if she liked the changes happening to her.

Konoha's Ice Princess. That's what they had called her recently from the invasion. Funny, she was always keeping her bloodline a secret to avoid people from hating her, only to screw up during the Konoha Crush. She noticed how people see her now when she walks down the street. Most of the children would be amazed, some ran away while a few were pulled away by their over-protective parents.

Fuyu even heard rumours on killing her because of reasons like 'this bloodline is deadly.' or 'are you sure she's not from the Hidden Mist?' It hurts, but she has to put on a brave face for this. A few other rumours she had picked up was the versions she had overheard about her attacks during the invasion. Some had included the word sadistic, ruthless and a saviour with a split personality to her attacks.

Touche.

The next day, Fuyu attended the Sandaime's funeral, which she grieved along with Konohamaru and Iruka. The three who were closest to the Third alongside the other villagers stood under the rain as they promised themselves to remember the Sandaime's sacrifice. Fuyu overheard Naruto's conversation with Iruka and Kakashi and sighed as she couldn't agree more to their words herself.

--------------------------------------------------

It was sunset at Konoha. Fuyu sat on the Sandaime's hair at the Hokage Rock, watching as the sun slowly descends itself. The sunlight reflected her green eyes beautifully, even when Fuyu was clearly lost in thoughts. She remembered the memories of the Third founding her all alone at Konoha's gate before taking her into his custody. The times where she and Iruka would go and play pranks on Hiruzen replayed freshly in front if her eyes. She misses the Sandaime dearly now.

"Iruka told me I would find you here." Fuyu remained silent, somehow encouraging the figure to come towards her. "Forgive me for asking, but why do you like sitting on the Third's head, Fuyu? It's so pointy and...." Fuyu looked at Kakashi, her eyes telling him to shut up. "If you haven't noticed... almost all of our Hokage had pointy hair during their youth."

Kakashi slightly hummed. She left him to his own thoughts as she watched the sunset eagerly. 'Must be nice to be able to watch the sunset every day.' She patted the rock underneath her, muttering to it as if it was alive. The sky slowly changed its colour as Kakashi sat next to her. "You don't seem to mourn the Third as bad as when you mourned for Haku." The skies had finally been decorated with the stars. Fuyu looked up, enjoying the view of the stars twinkling up above.

"Sandaime-sama.... He has lots of people to mourn for him. He has his own son, grandson and thousands of people to remember him in their thoughts. Haku... heck, he killed his own father, who killed his mother. Just so you know." Hugging herself, she continued talking about Haku.

"I met Haku when I was travelling alone at the Land of Water. He was all alone, and we were both afraid of each other. Then we realised we had the same curse and practised together in improving our skills." She looked at a specific star, eyes twinkling as she remembered her younger self-training with Haku. The star seemed to twinkle brightly that night. It was like Haku was watching her from the skies.

"I'm kinda glad that he finally had found someone to protect and died from protecting the one he cares about." Tears started to flow down her cheeks, but Fuyu decided to ignore it. "Don't take the blame on yourself. Haku died to protect someone he cared." She gave Kakashi a rather wide smile plastered on her face. Kakashi raised a brow, surprised at the smile. They both continued to watch the starry skies as the cold wind blew through them.