18 ; the truth unveiled

"Is this considered a bedtime story?" He couldn't help but ask.

Fuyu and Kakashi were sitting next to each other on the sofa. His head was on her shoulders as Fuyu flipped through an old journal in her hands.

"I guess so." She stopped flipping before throwing the book away. "Now, where do we start?"

"You're a Fuyuhana?" She nodded. "Isn't it weird, Fuyuhana Fuyu?" Kakashi was more confused when his girlfriend let out a loud laugh.

"My real name is Nami. Fuyuhana Nami." She laughed louder when Kakashi responded with a lost expression. "Ok, I'll tell you from the start."

----------------------
The Fuyuhana is the royal clan in the Snow Islands. They had thousands of weird traditions and customs that they obey. One is that they forbid marrying someone from another clan.

Haru was the eldest son of the two siblings. He was quiet and very observant, only voicing his opinions out when needed. Haru had memorised all the protocols by the age of 12. He was also considered a protege by his family, being able to use his Kekkei Genkai to the fullest.

Natsu, on the other was different from Haru. She was pretty, inheriting all the Fuyuhana traits from her mother as well as her father's steel heart. Unlike Haru, whom was the heir by default, Natsu spent most of her days practicing her Ice Release due to being weak at using it and playing with her dear best friend.

Haru would have make a great king, if he didn't oppose to the incest-like marriage. He loathed that particular tradition because he hated his clingy cousins very much.

On the day before his coronation, Haru told the king he wanted to marry someone from another clan, only to end up being in a huge fight with his father. Haru threatened to leave the castle if he didn't approve. The king taunted him back.

Haru left the castle late in the midnight.

With Haru leaving the castle, Natsu was named heir to the throne. The girl whom was 17 was forced to learn all the protocols and rules in 4 years. All the pressure had caused Natsu to become..... unstable.

Meanwhile, Haru became a nomad, travelling to one place to another as he learned different customs and traditions of other places. The prince became a normal man, living his dream happily. Although he defected himself from his family, he still practices all the family customs. He is still a Fuyuhana, after all.

One day, on one of his travels, Haru had fallen terribly ill. He fainted in the middle of the forest all of a sudden. Haru thought he was going to die there. Much to his luck, he was saved by a maiden who happened to live nearby. The maiden healed him and fed him until Haru was back to his healthier self again.

It was also the first time Haru met Momo and fallen in love with her.

He married Momo and had a happy life with her. He did felt a little guilty since he had broken the golden rule of their customs, but he couldn't care less since he hated that particular rule.

When Momo was pregnant, Haru wished that his child would not inherit his Kekkei Genkai and suffer because of it. No matter what, he was still a Fuyuhana, and his child has a higher priority to be heir if she had the Ice Release.

Their life became complete one winter day when they had their daughter. Haru was scared at first because his daughter seemed to inherit his snow white hair, but all the fear was gone when she opened her eyes, greeting him with green eyes like her mother's.

The daughter showed no sign of having the abilities, much to Haru's relief. He had heard that Natsu has been sending out troops to capture him, and he knew Natsu had a gift to sense those with Ice Release abilities. It would really cause trouble if his daughter too had his gift.

They were always ready, but Natsu's troop never came. And so they continued their happy life..... until one snowy day.

Haru and Momo had a snowball fight with their daughter. Haru, whom had long since used his Ice Release to hide from his sister was surprised when their young daughter could throw snowballs with her hands behind her body.

That was when all hell broke loose.

He sensed Natsu's army coming the next morning, so he told his wife to run and hide their daughter somewhere safe and far away. Taking out his sword, he stood in front of his house while his wife and daughter hid in the forest nearby.

Natsu approached him faster than lightning. Her hand gripping to her own ice sword, she jumped and attacked her elder brother on the spot.

Haru being the swordsman he is blocked her attacks swiftly and fought back. He casted a snow blizzard towards his sister, to which she bravely ran through it.

He noticed his sister was.... terribly unstable. Her hair was a mess and her crown was worn in the wrong way. Had he been the cause of her sister's mental illness? Haru's thoughts were disturbed as Natsu continued to attack him, cursing him and his family in the process.

His wife and daughter watched as the two siblings fought each other with an intent to kill. Both of them seemed tired, so Haru finally asked.

"Why?"

His sister had laughed hysterically. "Why??? You ruined my life and you asked me why??" Natsu screamed at him.

"You took away my freedom and happiness!! So.. I think it's best if I return the favour." She took a glance at Momo's hiding place. "And I think your daughter should learn all the protocols as early as she can." Swinging her sword, Natsu charges at him for the final blow.

At the same time, Haru charges towards her with a heavy heart. He turned to Momo, mouthing his sorry before he aim his sword towards his sister's heart.

Momo's scream filled the surroundings as the swords pierced through both the siblings' body. Haru looked at his younger sister, blood trailing. "I... I'm sorry, Tsu. I ... didn't expect... them to take you to the throne... and ruin you....."

Natsu's breath was unstable as she muttered her final words.

"I.... hate.... you..."

------
here's a little side note for you;
1) Haru and Natsu's full use of his Kekkei Genkai is different from Fuyu/Nami. The Fuyuhanas don't use jutsu, they just simply swing swords or flick hands to produce ice. (Hence Fuyu's famous ice daggers)
2) Since Fuyu is a shinobi, she has adapted the Yuki clan's way of using Ice Release. But don't worry, she knows how to use a sword.