40 ; post shinobi war

you all if you haven't read Kakashi Hiden you might not understand the following chapters. pls refer to Narutopedia if you don't have the novel (Y) BUT DO BUY IT ITS REALLY GOOD-
also I've been interested to enter some communities (you know, to improve my own writing and read more books and such) but I don't know where to look TT
-----------

Nami walked into her house with a loud sigh. Her eyes were closed shut, the fatigue almost consuming her whole body. It was a miracle that she was able to land on top of the bed without accidentally falling elsewhere.

She groaned as she stretched her body. This could be one of the worst week in her life as a jounin, or even her whole life.

No wait, this is one of the worst week in her life as a princess.

Ever since the war was over, Kakashi had been appointed as the Rokudaime and she (as promised) would be the new Ice Queen of the Snow Islands. Honestly, Nami had long accepted her fate since her trip to the other dimension.

It was the councillors that was slowly driving her insane.

They, Councillor Hachi and San made her do tons of illogical and stupid things, with their main reason every time she questions the point of all those stupid actions is ; 'It's tradition, my queen. You must not break it.'

Nami wanted to scream so bad. And it doesn't help the fact that the Snow Islands is so far away from Konoha that she'll have to travel long hours just to reach either places.

If her Transportation Jutsu could help, she would have been very grateful.

"Nami? You're home?" The soon-to-be-queen looked up at her boyfriend. All the pain she felt in her body was suddenly gone upon laying her eyes on Kakashi. "Yeah, I'm back." She muffled into her pillow as she heard the footsteps grown louder.

"How was the trip this time?" He landed beside Nami and patted her hair. He had always enjoyed touching Nami's hair, much to the latter's annoyance. She sighed before turning herself to face him. With her head laying on his lap, the distance between their faces grew closer as Nami ranted about her day.

"I hate them, Kakashi."

"You do know you can always change the councillors, right?"

"I know," Nami poked Kakashi's forehead while rolling her eyes. "But who else am I going to trust?"

"There's that guy from the war." She swear she could sense a little bit of jealousy from him. So she decided to play along. "Oh, you mean Kōri? I guess so, since he is from the Snow Islands."

"I was joking." Nami went silent. Kakashi had never used that tone on her. "I'm sorry. It's been a stressful week for both of us, I guess." He pecked her cheeks after apologizing. "But I was serious about Kōri, you can't trust him easily."

"May I ask why?"

"Well, what happens if he backstabs you? Screw that, do you even still see him after the war?" Nami couldn't help herself, she laughed so loud until Kakashi himself was surprised. Nami wasn't the type of person to really laugh much.

"You're so cute when you're jealous." She pinched his cheeks without any warnings. Her actions caused the Hokage to tickle her for revenge. Nami could only scream as she pushes him off their bed.

They were practically a mess on the floor.

"I missed you." Nami confessed. "We haven't had much time together since you become Hokage. And-" Kakashi stopped her from talking with a long kiss. As much as he hates to admit it himself, they really haven't spend some private moments together for sometime.

"I'm sorry." That was all he could say.

"Hush, Hatake." She placed a finger on his lips. "It's okay." Kakashi wrapped his arms around her body, what did he do to deserve this angel?

-------------

The pitching sound of broken glass echoed through the walls of the castle. Kōri could hear the screams from the room beside him. Hiding silently within the hidden passages, he peeked through the holes as he eavesdropped the conversation within his range.

"That little pest is messing on my nerves!!!!" Kōri could hear a high feminine voice followed by another sound of broken objects. He held his breath, scared that he would be caught listening to whatever this conversation was.

"Patience, my sister. I think I have a plan well fit to solve our problem at hand."

"Oh really? The last time you had a plan it involved force and you being beaten into a pulp by her."

"Hachi! But seriously, I have a good plan for this." Kōri was stunned. The councillors? What are they talking about? He couldn't stay any longer as he heard faint footsteps approaching. 'Someone must have noticed my absence.' He cursed himself for forgetting his shift.

As the black-haired walked away, his ears caught a sentence that left him at the edge of curiosity and fear.

"We'll get that little snow punk back here to stay and be under our control. Forever."