27 ; a rising hope

Fuyuhana Nami is depressed.

She hasn't been eating all the food rations she's been receiving. She would either give it to the children or feed it to the birds.

Her condition has caused a certain genjutsu master, a chuunin and a pink-haired kunoichi to be very, very worried.

"I didn't expect her to be this sad." Sakura muttered softly. All three of them watched as the princess continued to stare outside. Kurenai heaved out a loud sigh. "Must have been through this a few times to be this depressed, I guess."

"Well, she has lost a lot of people she cared about in her life." Iruka added up. They all nodded in unison.

"I wished we could do something about this. She's becoming a living corpse day by day." Sakura sighed before she left to join Shizune in healing the injured. With Tsunade being knocked out when she was protecting the village, it was up to the both of them to heal all the villagers.

Kurenai and Iruka continued to watch the princess as she stare into the purple skies of Konoha. The Umino softly sighed before he started to walk towards Fuyu.

"Don't..... stress her out even more, ok?" He halted at Kurenai's words, nodding as he fasten his pace.

"Nami." He softly called her name, quite scared if someone else had heard him call the princess with her real name. Not a single movement could be seen from the woman. Iruka sighed and approached closer to her.

"How are you feeling?"

"A lifeless zombie. But still alive." Iruka sited himself beside Nami as they both watched the destroyed Konoha in front of them.

"I guess you're still sad. I understand, it must have triggered some bad memories, huh?" Still no response.

"I also know that it hurts when you know there won't be that someone that will look at you with that sense of love anymore." Iruka mumbled his next sentence so quietly, it was a miracle that Nami could have hear it well and clear.

"I'm sorry Iruka." The girl softly whispered. Eyes still locked at the girl beside him, Iruka giggled a little. "It's okay, you have someone else you care about. I'm okay." I guess.

They were busy treating their own thoughts when all of a sudden Nami felt a vibration. "An earthquake?" The princess dashed towards the citizens, hand seals were halfway done when the shaking had stop.

The princess still built a glass wall, well not for long, that is. She endured all her strength as they both watched rays of light appearing far away from Konoha.

"What in the world is that?" Iruka gasped in horror as one of the rays seem to be approaching them. Nami gathered her full strength to protect both of them, but the light had just passed through like there was no obstacle in front of it.

Panting, Nami watched as the light entered in a corpse of a shinobi. Her jaws dropped the second she saw the dead shinobi stood up, holding his head like he had a hungover, looking entirely confused.

"Where am I?" He turned to Iruka and Nami's direction. The two shinobis looked at one another, too speechless to say a word. The ice princess looked outside again, her eyes caught on a particular light ray being aimed at...

She sprinted away, leaving Iruka to deal with the confused ninja.

/------/
so uhh i decided to write this part with pov's yeay

kakashi's pov

Meeting dad again was a bliss. I felt like I was a child once again. To finally learn the truth for his actions, it made me proud to have a father like him.

I was ready to leave for the afterlife. I guess my feelings were mixed; joy because I would be joining Obito, Rin, Minato-sensei and dad.

Definitely sad because I'm leaving Nami all alone in this cold world, unless she died too.

As I was ready to join Dad to the afterlife, a ray of light suddenly casted itself upon me. I couldn't help feel lost and confused. Did they use lights to go to the afterlife?

"I guess it's not your time yet, Kakashi." Dad came closer, and I realised that I was starting to fade away. "Remember what I said, Kakashi. And thank you, for finally forgiving me."

I swore I didn't cry, but my eyes were being a rebel and I couldn't care less.

"Also Kakashi, make sure you take extra good care of her. Send my regards to my future daughter-in-law."

Eh?? I wanted to ask him how did he know, but the light intensity was increasing by the second.

All I heard was Dad's "I love you." before the light blinded my eyes.

•~•

"Kakashi? Kakashi!!!"
A groan left my mouth as I felt my body was greatly shaken by someone. Counting to three, my eyes slowly opened to see whom was the culprit.

I couldn't see the person because the next second I know, she was hugging me so tightly. Soft sobs could be heard clearly from the princess's mouth.

"Nami..." She looked at me, her face stained with tears and dirt. With my weak condition, I allowed my hand to make contact with her cheeks. Her cheeks were so cold, she must have used her powers recently.

"Shh.... I'm here, okay? No need to worry." With a huge effort, I embraced her closer. Trying to soothe her, I placed my head on her shoulder and whispered to her ear.

"I'm sorry for leaving. I'm back now because the world knows we both need each other. Please stop crying now." My voice was hoarse, but the crying had subsided a bit.

We both kept our position like that as we enjoyed the silence and each other's company. My face was cold from Nami's body, but I continued to lay calmly on her shoulder.

Nami grabbed my mask and pulled it down. I wasn't able to respond a thing when our lips smashed together in a split second.

And then a sudden feeling emerged from within myself, warmth that couldn't be described with simple words.

It took me a few moments before realising, it was the feeling of finally having someone's arms to return back to.

-------
it would be superb if you guys like and comment you know :>