09 ; the mysterious ninja

I think Taeyeon's I is the main anthem for this story. (Or it could be Fuyu's character song. Teehee)
Also, this thing is going f a s t. Hm, might slow it down when I revised it.
------------

Kakashi flipped through the old book Sandaime had given him. With the Sandaime dead, does he still have to do the mission he assigned him? The silver-haired jounin took out a few papers which he had taken from the Hokage's office recently. Fuyu's ninja registration card was so incomplete, Kakashi wondered how did it pass the strict criteria. He checked Fuyu's ninja statistics. High level of ninjutsu, taijutsu, and genjutsu, intelligence (not as high as Kakashi's, though) and a maximum mark for speed. 'Well, she moves really fast, I guess.' Kakashi recalled her swiftness during their escort mission to Kumogakure.

Her stats were high enough to even match his, and her bloodline was definitely not included in the stats, since it was last updated a few years ago. He scanned through the card once more. Most of Fuyu's card was empty, especially about her family background.

Or so it seems.

Fuyu's card seemed to have a scratch at her family name. He opened his Sharingan, hoping that there would be some clue about her family background. He traced the words behind the scratch, getting the word Fuyu from it.

'Well, everybody makes silly mistakes sometimes.' Kakashi kept the card and took out another piece of paper. A record of Fuyu using her bloodline and her side effects were scribbled on the paper. "Let's see.... major drop in body temperature and tiredness seems to be the common effects." He flipped through the old book, trying to find something regarding this effects. "Ah." He marked the page he was currently reading before closing the book, calling it a night.

The Sandaime's task was actually very simple; refrain Fuyu from turning into a monster. Honestly, he thinks the young girl could actually control herself quite well, excluding some scenarios when she seemed to lose control (coughs, training ground incident).

It was the side effects that were worrying him. A ninja like her is so valuable, it would be a loss if she were to be out of comission at a young age.

He recalled his encounter with Haku. Haku didn't faint or collapsed or looked tired when he used his abilities. Heck, Haku even had a normal body temperature. So why did Fuyu had those side effects? An idea suddenly popped in Kakashi's head.

He had a Sharingan, and he wasn't an Uchiha. The consequences? He was often hospitalized from chakra depletion. Could it be the same for Fuyu? But then.... she had the snow white hair of a ninja from the Snow Islands. Kakashi reopened the book, searching for something that could give him a simple hint about his mysterious comrade. Head almost hitting the table, his eyes suddenly widened as he read a certain paragraph over and over again. Feeling accomplished, he jotted down the information and smiled with pure satisfaction.

Man, it was much easier to complete his research now that he doesn't have a genin team to look over. Kakashi looked out of the window. Each of his student were now training with a Sannin. He smiled, he couldn't wait to see the results of their training soon. Although Sasuke.... Kakashi sighed. He wondered if they could bring him back to Konoha again.

'One problem at a time, Kakashi. One problem at a time.' Marking the page, he closed the book and kept it in his bookshelf. Slowly, he took out an old wooden box from the top of the shelf. The jounin smiled as he looked at the content of the box.

The old kunai had rusted a little, with stains of dirt and blood still on it. The kunai was still cold, eventhough it had been buried for five years. Kakashi recalled the incident vividly. How the young kunoichi had saved him from almost dying that day with her gifted abilities. How her sapphire eyes had sparkled during the small fight, her movements swift disposing of every enemy in sight. Smiling, he closed the box once more and kept it in its original place.