57; サヨナラの意味

two updates that weren't years apart?? she's on fire. 

jk jk jk actually i kindaaa forgot this existed. i haven't touch wattpad for months. life is amazing, really. and i promise i WILL try to end this as soon as possible, my hopes is that before i go to my university but we'll see?

me: makes the title as come back 

also me: then realises there's already a chapter with that title.. woops.

also please look up to sayonara no imi's lyrics.. its fitting.

------------------------

Iruka slammed the door open while Kōri barged into the room without stopping. "Hatake Kakashi, what did you do???" They screamed at the same time. The atmosphere in the room had become tenser by the minute. Everyone just kept on looking at each other, except for one person who seemed like she was still in a trance. "Well?" Iruka asked again, despite deep inside he really didn't want to know what did the Hokage do to make the queen be in such state of shock.

"I just asked if Nami would agree to be my partner for the rest of our lives. That's pretty much something personal between us that I would appreciate if both of you wouldn't interrupt us with." Kōri turned to the windows to see another mini avalanche had occurred at the hills quite near to them. He sighed, before turning his glance to the queen, who is still motionless despite hearing everything. 

What is it with the people from Konoha? 

"Marriage isn't something that easy to think of, Kakashi. Maybe you shouldn't ask it out of the blue. Besides-" Iruka stopped mid-sentence, wondering for a while if it was appropriate of him to say this to his own leader, the Hokage but then decided to just screw it. "Besides, considering your past relationship with Nami.... if I were her, I would really think about it a lot." 

"But you're not Nami. And we're shinobi. Sometimes, we have to do things rushed like this because we don't know if we would be alive tomorrow or the next day." 

"I know that, but still.. Marriage isn't something easy, Kakash-"

"Can you just say that the reason you're against this is that you still have feelings for her instead of putting me as the pushover?" Another mini-avalanche erupted from the vast mountains. Kōri massaged his not-dizzy head. The people from Konoha are crazy. The chuunin was taken aback by the Hokage's words, his eyes immediately went to Nami to see her reactions. Still nothing.

"As much as I enjoy seeing you two fight, you guys are just making things worse by the second." The councillor pointed to the window where all four of them could see the mountains that painted the skies of the Snow Islands prettily. "If you guys keep using some exposing cards that are sensitive to the queen's emotions, I'm afraid my first job as the new councillor will be having to find a good cause to cover why there was an avalanche there." Kōri went to the queen, his hands holding hers softly as he tried to pull her from her trance. "You really need to learn to control your emotions, these guys can't see it but I can sense how you're living up to your name at the moment." 

Nami seemed to snap out of her trance as she pulled her hands away from the counsellor. "You can say that easily since you're not the one experiencing this." She replied softly. 

Annoyed by their interaction, Kakashi pulled Kōri away from the queen, his temper finally reaching its limit. "And you-" He spoke in an icy tone that if Nami remembered correctly, she last heard it back when they were first revealed as partners for that escort mission. "Do you have any idea how worried I am to leave her here with you around? Who knows, you might pull something like your brother did-"

It was the first time in both Iruka and Nami's life for them to see someone slap Hatake Kakashi that loud. Kōri took a deep breath before looking at the other two people in the room. "Back when I was in Konoha trying to look for you, everybody said that the White Fang of Konoha was a very skilled jounin, always seemed chilled inside the village but vicious in action. I never heard a part of him that said he only knew how to played foul cards in an argument. Your Majesty, if I may speak a word or two that would sound offensive to all of you?" Nami nodded immediately. 

"First of all, to ease your anxiety about me sweeping your former girlfriend away-" He pointed at Kakashi. "I beg pardon, Your Majesty- but you're not really my type. I am just here as a counsellor who needs to earn money to send to my own family who is living in that far mountains where there have been 3 mini-avalanches because a certain person seems to forget her powers are now linked to the island."  

"And you," He pointed to Iruka. "You're a great friend, really. I appreciate all the ninja techniques you taught me in this short moment. It sucks having a one-sided love but I honestly thought you were a bit more professional in handling this. I'm slightly disappointed, but I hope you'll finally accept the fact that your long-term crush is now in love with probably one of the most jack-ass of a shinobi there is. You can do this, I believe in you." He patted the chuunin's shoulder with a bit too much force. 

"Lastly," He turned to the queen. "Forgive me once again for I'll be advising this not as the counsellor of the Snow Islands, but as a friend who just wants the best for his friends." Kōri bowed down before he continued. "Nami, you're an amazing person. I understand that this is all a rush; from you being the Queen to him suddenly proposing and such, but I just want to assure you that no matter what choice you pick, we'll be here to support you. It's ok to be weak sometimes, Nami. I know, I'm not the closest person to you compared to them, but if you have any doubts and insecurity, I'm here to listen to it. If we're going to make this island a powerful one, we need to have trust with each other, not by me sensing your feelings from seeing avalanches or snowstorms."

"Also, I would really recommend you to answer the Hokage's proposal than to be quiet with it. It's getting bothersome." 

Nami smiled as the counsellor ended his rant. Somehow, she can understand how frustrated it must be for Kōri, having to witness this mess occur in front of him. She gathered her strength, remembering each person she met throughout her life, the former counsellors, her family, her friends in Konoha and here, her own counterpart from another dream, they all appeared to give her a meaningful lesson in her life. "Kakashi, I couldn't hear what you said before, can you repeat it again?" Kakashi smiled as he bent down to one knee, holding the queen's hand tightly.

There is a meaning to this encounter

"Fuyuhana Nami, I have done you so much wrong before, and I know I owe you a lot of apologies-"

In front of our sorrow lies our future

"But I'm ready to make up for it-"

The beginning is always when...

"If you're willing to say yes to become my partner, for the rest of our lives." 

Something is over

"Kakashi.. I... I'm sorry. But I think this is it for us."