44 ; strangers

OH GOD IM SORRY FOR THAT SUDDEN TWIST HAHAHAHAHA I WOKE UP TO SCREAMS SNORTS I LOVE THIS CONCEPT
anyway please read while listening to this version of No Better Than Stranger (Yein + Jisoo version GOODNESS I NEED A HQ MP3)
-------------------

Crap, That was the only thing that he could thought of when he saw Nami in front of him. He was usually a light sleeper, how could he not hear someone breaking the door. "Nami, it's not what it looks like." Oh crap, she's crying. He arranged his words carefully, scared that he might hurt her more.

"So it is true," She croaked out a sentence. Her whole body shook intensely, the tears ran down endlessly down her cheeks. The temperature of their surrounding continued to drop as a sudden wind suddenly appeared. Nami was unstable, and so were her powers.

"Nami, please calm down. You're powers-" The heartbroken princess threw Iruka outside before she replaced the broken door with an ice door. The chuunin tried to break the door, only to end up hurting his hands. He could only pray that his friend would be okay.

"It's... a long story." Kakashi softly whispered. Cautiously he pulled the blanket upwards, trying to cover the woman's body beside him. "You've been gone for so long, Nami. Do you know what it feels like to be lonely?"

"That's just nonsense, Hatake." Kakashi couldn't help but notice the venomous tone when she called his surname. "I go back to Konoha every two weeks! We talked a lot every time we're together!! But then again... she must have won your heart, I guess. You've changed a lot since I first returned back to Konoha."

"No! Not at all-"

"Then why didn't you tell me about your trip on a flying thing with her before you became Hokage?" The room was now covered completely with ice and snow. Nami glared at the still figure beside Kakashi, half of her soul wants to tear the woman to pieces- her age be damned. "You could have told me, Kakashi. Why didn't you?"

Kakashi felt a pang of guilt upon hearing how heartbroken Nami sounded like. No, he didn't mean to break that fragile heart he sworned to protect. Things just got.... haywire. "I- I-"

"I didn't want you to know." They both turned to the woman beside Kakashi, now fully awake as she tries to cover herself with the blanket. "It's an honour to meet you, my Queen. Although... I wished we met in a more decent situation. I'm Kahyo, Head Warden of Hozuki Castle."

"Why didn't you want me to know, if you don't mind me asking?"

The wind became nastier, the strong blows breaking the glass windows. The tears didn't stop either as Nami remained still, waiting for an answer.

Kahyo shifted her position, hand still holding her blanket in a sad attempt to cover herself decently. "Imagine being in a malfunctioning ship, my queen. With Death knocking at your door, you lost so many things in life, we all want to remember the good things before dying, right?" Kahyo held Kakashi's hand tightly. Her actions indeed sparked the fury of the queen as the windows cracked under the high pressure of the wind.

"Nami... calm down.." Kakashi tried to take the latter's hand. She pushed him away immediately. Her heart was stone cold, and so was her body. She felt like she was losing all control of her body.

Is this how falling into an abyss feels like?

"We kissed in the aircraft," Kahyo's monotonous voice tempted her to slice her throat and threw it outside the room. "I wouldn't take all the blame though, Kakashi himself did look interested when he saved me while I was boarding the aircraft. Right, Kakashi?"