10 ; of blossoming feelings

"K- Kakashi??"

Hearing that soft voice call his name almost stopped his heartbeat. He turned slowly, to see Fuyu stopped walking, her whole body shook as she looked at him. "Kakashi..... Did I do all this???" She observed her surroundings, her hands shook worser than the first time. "I'm so sorry!!!" She ran towards him with tears running down her cheeks. Sobbing, she looked at Kakashi's arm and examined it. "I can't believe I scratched your arm. I'm so so sorry." Kakashi rolled his eyes. He then chuckled softly, earning an awkward look from Fuyu.

"I told you. You'll definitely say sorry thousands of times." He laughed as quiet as he could. Nobody knows, deep inside his heart , he was happy that Fuyu hadn't turn into a monster... for now. He realised how close he was to losing her. Fuyu started to treat his wounds, her hands hovering over his arm as a soothing blue chakra appeared from her hand. His arm felt nice and cold, Kakashi hummed in pleasure. "Didn't know you could do medical ninjutsu."

"I like to surprise people. It's not the same as Tsunade-sama's though." Her hand moved upwards his arm as she traced a few more of the scars she had done to him. "My mother taught me this... only mine is fused with ummm... that chakra." She gave a small smile to him. "It helps to lessen the pain, the Ice Release, so you won't feel the pain that much." She looked at him once more. "Or, maybe no pain at all."

"So, what happened actually?" He finally asked her the moment she finished healing him. Fuyu's face saddened once more. Looking at the stars, she remained silent. "Can we talk about this somewhere... I don't know, more private?" Kakashi nodded. Holding Fuyu close to him, they both transported to Kakashi's house. Fuyu's eyes widened upon realising where they were. She turned to look at the man, but he was already at the kitchen. "Would you like something to drink?" The kunoichi shook her head and walked towards the bathroom. Kakashi prepared two cups of tea anyway, placing them on the table as he waited for Fuyu to return from the bathroom.

He swear his jaws dropped when Fuyu returned from the bathroom. She was wearing her hair down, and without the forehead protector, he could see her bangs falling into their exact places. She was still wearing her bloodied outfit, but somehow she seemed innocent in it. (Well, that seems weird.)

Overall, she looks beautiful.

"I guess you want to know what happened after Guy took me away, right?" She took her seat opposite of Kakashi. Her eyes were glued to the table, much to Kakashi's dismay. "Well, we had a really heavy mission; collecting information and also assassinating someone. So it was a three-man squad with high skills of taijutsu, genjutsu and ninjutsu. Guy for taijutsu, me for ninjutsu and..." She sobbed a little. "Akane for genjutsu."

Kakashi's brow raised at the news. Akane was a jounin quite known for her genjutsu, which was almost on par with Kurenai's. Well, those were the rumours he heard.

"Akane is actually an old teammate of mine. We were in the same genin team. But well, our team disbanded when our sensei died and our third member suddenly quit being a shinobi. So Akane and I went our separate ways too." She took a deep breath, pushing away the memories of her teammates for awhile. "We went our own ways after we've been promoted to chunnin if I'm not mistaken. So... we haven't seen each other for seven years.. until that day."

"Akane was as surprised as I was. We hugged and cried at the gates. But then Guy broke the atmosphere saying we should stop all the moments and do the mission. Ugh." She took a sip of the tea. It was soothing, as the warm liquid enters her cold body. "So while we were moving, we did exchange a few stories about each other. And she did mention about ......." She stopped talking for awhile. Kakashi slowly took her hand, he held it tightly to give her strength. Fuyu continued her story.

"She asked me how I felt about being Konoha's Ice Princess. But I wasn't able to tell her since we arrived at our location. We divided to two teams, or you could say a duo and a one man army. Akane and I were together while Guy was the one man army. So you could guess who took the assassinating mission, right? And..." Fuyu sighed.

"Seems like we took the wrong way. Apparently the path we took was the one where Guy was supposed to take. Both of us had it easy. And then we both sensed Guy was in danger. Wait no, BIG danger. After collecting the information, we came to Guy's aid. And man, were there so many people in that tiny room I nearly suffocated there."

"It seems like we were almost done attacking all of them. Until, the boss came out. The boss was creepy. He used these bones and I really don't want to remember that." She shivered. "Three shinobis against one man. Looks like an easy win, wasn't it? But the boss had a wild card in his sleeves. Since it was his fortress, he knew all the traps and waited until one of us triggered it." With her face still looking down, Kakashi watched the tears roll down her cheeks fastly.

"I was the one who triggered that trap. I thought I was going to die when I saw thousand of needles aiming towards me. I was almost numb on the spot. That is, until.." She cried again, her sobs getting louder by the minute. "Akane stood in front of me. She shielded me from the needles. Could you imagine looking at your teammate covered all over in needles? The blood oozing out every second?? I was traumatized, to say the least." Wiping her tears with the dirty sleeve, she looked up to Kakashi.

"I understand well, Fuyu," He recalled the mission that had taken Obito's life. And the moment when he accidently killed Rin. The memories were still vivid and fresh in his mind. They looked at each other's faces. Fuyu coughed, quickly trying to finish her story.

"I screamed at Akane. I called her lots of things there. But she only replied softly one sentence. "Ah, Fuyu. I don't wanna see any princess tears from you." And she died there. Right in front of my eyes. Smiling. I didn't know what had gotten into me. Was it anger, rage, or revenge? I just felt a lot of chakra again in my body. I knew my eyes changed colour and I blasted the whole place apart and killed the bastard who set up those traps."

"I thought I would snap out of it. But it was like the incident back at the training ground all over again. Only, it was scarier. I couldn't see anyone in my vision. All I heard in my head was kill. Kill and kill and kill. I was afraid, but I've never felt so much power inside me. It was actually a nice feeling to have a lot of power at that time. I felt... superior. So I chased Guy until we reached Konoha. That was when I felt someone capturing me using those chakra restraints and threw me into the cell. I still couldn't see anyone, even you." She finished her tea, relieved that she finally finished her story. "I'm sorry about the arm, again."

"Ma.. you've even healed it Fuyu. Relax." Kakashi held her hand a bit longer. He was beginning to enjoy feeling the cold that seemed to radiate from her hand. "I understand how you've felt, honestly. Everything. I've been to some scenarios like that. Heh, some even worse than the one you encountered. But that's the shinobi life, I guess." The Copy Nin looked at the clock near them. "It's really late. Should I accompany you back home?" He then thought for a second, maybe he should update her current situation to the ANBU.

He'll do it tomorrow.

Fuyu let out a small yawn as she looked at the time. She hesitated for awhile. "It is pretty late...."

"Just stay here for the night."
"B-But-"

"You can sleep in my bed. I'll sleep at the sofa. He walked into his bedroom before walking out with something in his hand. He raised his brow when he noticed Fuyu had moved to the sofa.

"I guess you could wear my shirt for the night. You wouldn't wanna sleep with those outfits, would you?" Blushing, Fuyu paused to take his shirt. "Take it," He pushed the shirt nearer to her. Finally accepting it, she bid a soft 'Thank you.' to him. Kakashi pushed her from the sofa, signalling her to go to his bedroom. "Just go, it's so unladylike for a girl to sleep on the sofa anyway. Fuyu's faced turned to a bright scarlet as she walked towards the bedroom. "Thank you, again."

"Your welcome. Good night, Fuyu. Rest well." Fuyu stopped walking at the door. Turning to him, she gave Kakashi a really wide smile. One that no one had ever seen her smile so brightly in the past years. Kakashi's heart skipped a beat.

"Good night too, Hatake Kakashi. Rest well."