38 ; bizarre differences

I sat alone in the dark night. It's been a few weeks since I've lived my life as the princess of the Snow Islands. And let's just say that this Nami is by far the exact opposite of myself.

This Nami was... weak. No strength, no good jutsu or skills. She was the exact epitome of a dansel in distress, which annoyed me. Would I be like this if my whole family didn't die? I can't say I'm thankful, but I do not like seeing myself as a burden for people to protect. I shivered at the thought of being completely powerless and vulnerable to the enemy.

And let's not start talking about my relationship with Kakashi.

The Kakashi in this world was .... well, attitude-wise, he's still the same pain in the neck that I've have to hold the urge to snap him alive into half. (does the Nami here even do that...) But here, he's way more cheesier than the disgusting books he read. Literally. And both of them seemed to have all the time to.... um do....that.

A pang of jealousy did hit me at the spot. While I had to work hard not to get myself killed on a mission, the alter me seemed to be able to just cuddle up with Kakashi with a snap of her fingers. Okay, maybe when the Konoha troop comes to visit. Suddenly, I was reminded of the incident that occurred a few hours ago.

------------

I was at my bedroom, hiding from the likes of my father, mother and the scary Natsu. Ever since Inoichi declared my memory as "lost", all of them tried making me trigger my memories by forcing me to do scary activities.

And by scary, I meant as scary as reciting the protocols. How did thid Nami managed to recite all of those is a mystery itself.

I was hiding when the door creaked open, only to sigh with relief as it was Kakashi. I realised that I've really missed him a lot. He came to my bed and patted my head. It reminded me of the days before all this Akatsuki crap emerged, I had to refrain myself from choking.

"How are you coping with your memories?"

"Pretty much zero improvement." He closed the distance between us. Now this was surprising. The Kakashi I knew would usually let me do this, because he would respect if I became uncomfortable.

"You don't remember anything at all?" I shook my head. I hated this feeling. The guilt that people had to go through so much because of me. Kakashi cupped my face. We stared at each others orbs for some time. His black orbs seemed like an endless blackhole, sucking me inside.

Kakashi broke the staring contest when he suddenly pushed me to lay on my bed. It took me a second to register what was going on before he smashed his lips towards mine.

I was numb. Or speechless. Maybe both. Kakashi had never acted like this before, well.. in my dimension. I was scared, to be honest.

"Then excuse me. But I think I know what would make you remember well about yourself."

oH MY GOD.

Fear and adrenaline overpowered me as I pushed Kakashi before he could act further. He looked surprised as he stared at me. His eyes slowly turned from confused to rage. Oh no.

"Your definitely not Nami. Unleash yourself, fraud." He threw a few kunais at me, which I gladly avoided using an ice wall. His jaws dropped further, surprised and shocked. "Y-You..." Kakashi threw another shuriken, I successfully dodged it before activating a jutsu.

"Ice Release; Ice Cavern!" My tears ran down my cheeks as I sealed Kakashi in an ice prison. "I love you, okay? I'm sorry." I croaked before running towards the window.

The second I jumped outside and landed on a nearby balcony, the silent castle had turned chaotic. Guess Kakashi had called reinforcements earlier. I was about to make my next jump when I almost slipped. How does this Nami survive walking with a frilly dress will remain a mystery I swear to Kami. I took out an icicle and cut the dress. A very terrible makeshift pants, but I could care less....

I sprinted away from the castle, the sound of the guards echoing throughout the quiet night. I tch-ed with annoyance as I summoned a clone to distract them. My eyes looked everywhere to find a safe place to hide.

And then I saw it.

The mountains. Risky, but definitely safe from people. I dashed towards the tall pointy mountains. My life was on the line here, I had to do something.

The mountain wasn't that far. Hence I reached it in the nick of time. With no sense of human being on the mountains, I took a deep breath and sat by the edge of the mountain. The mountains blocked the moonlight, thus reducing my chance of getting caught.

You have no idea how grateful I am for this.

-----------------

Tears were flowing down my face again. I missed home. I missed Iruka, did this Nami had a chance to meet him? I miss Naruto, is he okay in this world? Surprisingly, I miss my world. The world that I lived without my family.

Well, this was unexpected. I've been wishing that I could enjoy a day with the Fuyuhana since mother died, isn't this what I had always wanted? But knowing that I was a pathetic, useless adult when my family is alive made me feel disgusted.

But my other family, Sandaime, Iruka, Haku, Naruto, Kurenai and Kakashi... they made me stronger, wiser and braver. They turned me into a shinobi. They changed me, from a lonely child to a kunoichi with people for her to protect.

This also made me realise something,

I need to go back.

But, how? My plans were put on hold when a familiar voice spoke from behind.

"Somehow, I seemed to guess correctly. Why are you here?"

-----------------

Hehe.
Guys, it's been a year since the ice queen was born. *cries*
happy birthday the ice queen ;------;
so i'm going to try my best do double updates
so that I can be sappier in the next chapter hAHH