Chapter 1. VI

Bill, too stereotypical... No, Benjamin, too long...Sam? Too feminine...Tess had been working on her latest novel. The draft was still unfinished and the deadline was next week. She took a sip of her black coffee. It tasted awfully bitter, but it was the only drink with enough caffeine to keep her awake at night. She was trying to figure out the names of the characters when the doorbell rang.

Please don't make it another crazed fan who wants my autograph, she thought.

She opened the door to find a man in a very kempt suit. He was standing at her doorstep holding an envelope that resembled that of a letter from the 18th century.

"Miss, this is for you." He said handing her the envelope and then walked away. She opened it without question to find a letter written in handwriting that was a thousand times better than hers.

To the critically acclaimed Tess Ro,

It has come to our attention that you have written several splendid works. It would be an enormous honour if you were to collaborate with us on a new project. There are many talented authors working on it already, including but not limited to: J.K.Rowling, Susan Beth Pfeffer, and Suzanne Collins. We will provide further details once we have confirmed the selected authors. Enclosed is a ticket to the destination. We hope you are able to join us in this wonderful event.

Please note: On whatever circumstances, do not expose this letter or its contents to any of your peers; not even the other authors. If otherwise, you will not be allowed to attend.

Sincerest Regards,

WWA

(Worldwide Writers Association)

Tess looked at the letter in amazement. Working side-by-side with J.K.Rowling was every author's dream come true. Her novel draft could wait; this was much more important. She went straight away to pack her bags.