Chapter 18. II

Nico heard a thud from the room next to him. Wiping his crusty eyes, he stood up to stretch. Reaching for his toes he realized that the noise came from Maira's room. When righting himself, he lost balance from moving too fast. Quickly, he ran out of his room to Maira's.

Tess was reading a book when she had heard a thud. The thud was too far to be from Nico's or Max's room, so she paid it no attention. But Maira's room is the only one that noise could be from. Dropping her book she briskly walked out of her room and headed to Maira's.

Kal was busy testing for traces of poison. Security measures and a dash of paranoia ensured he didn't suffer the same fate as Henry. He was so concentrated that he didn't really notice the loud thud that came from three rooms over. However, he did notice when one door and then another opened and closed in quick succession. Pulling off his lab coat and gloves he dropped them carelessly on the floor. He went out to hall to investigate.

Angela heard a thud coming from down the hall. She had been awake for a while for she was completing her beauty routine. She heard three doors open and close and that got her attention. What are they doing? Making so much noise while they should still be sleeping. She peeled off her beauty mask and put on a little makeup. Just because I feel like crap, does not mean I have to look like crap too. Placing her typical straight, brown asian hair in a loose ponytail, she got ready to face the day. Out she went to the hall to figure out who made those noises.

◎◎◎