Chapter 2. VI

Upon leaving the ferry, Max had to wait an hour for Nico in the bathroom.

"I told you not to eat so much raw fish." Max chided. "And was it necessary to drag me here with you? We could have met up later!"

"But there was just so much free salmon. And it was so delicious.....argh......" Nico insisted.

"Well now you have food poisoning. I knew that you shouldn't have added that sketchy tartar sauce." Max thought out loud.

"Tartar sauce can't be sketchy Max... Don't be ridic-...AHH.....I may....need another hour.......I AM SUFFERING A THOUSAND YEARS OF PAIN!...." Nico yelled, so loud people outside the bathroom could hear him. They probably thought he was constipated. Little did they know was that it was truer than they could imagine.

"HEY MAX! WHY DON'T YOU COME IN HERE AND DRAW A MANGA OF ME SHITTING!"

"WTF NICO? NO!"

"COME ON! I BET YOU'RE BORED OUT THERE! I AM A NATURAL BEAUTY AND YOU KNOW IT!" he started singing a pathetic tune that he made up on the spot.

"NICO PLEASE SHUT UP!"

Luckily, Nico was cured after of his traumatic illness. However, he and Max had to face an even more traumatic experience: cleaning the toilets post-diarrhea.

"Nico, if I ever go with you on a trip, you will need to starve yourself through it because I'M NEVER GOING TO ENDURE THIS AGAIN. YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE THE TOILET ANYMORE. THERE ARE PERMANENT SKID MARKS ON THE WALLS" Max cried in distress.

"You're just jealous that you didn't have some of that salmon." Nico declared.

"Why did I ever agree to become friends with you?" Max retorted.

"I don't know. I just sorta gradually moved in." explained Nico. "OH! I remember the day! It was the day you had those dumplings, and you couldn't eat them..."

"Gradually...really Nico? You came at three in the morning with five suitcases of your stuff and crashed on my couch! I hadn't realized you moved in until you actually paid my rent! Oh by the way, you forgot last month's expenses." Max reminded him, "I'm charging interest!"

The argument about paying rent dragged on and on for the rest of the ferry ride. The rest of the passengers tried to simply ignore them, but there is only a certain amount of scrutiny one can withstand.