Chapter 6. VII

Picking up his suitcase he tossed it underneath one of the bushes. In games, no one looks under the bushes. He began to whistle as he peered at what he thought was a cacao tree. Alex plucked one of the nuts, he chucked it to the ground and stomped on it. Cracking it open he took a small seed and chewed. Almost immediately he spat it out. Holy motherboard! That was bitter! Right in front of him he saw a clear path. With no trees blocking the moon, the whole path was illuminated. He scanned the trees for anyone who might try to catch him and drag him back to the god damned mansion. Seeing no one, he jogged into the moonlight. Smiling, he closed his eyes and spun around. This was the closest thing to being free.

The breathing was light, so light you couldn't have heard it even in complete silence. Creeping a bit closer, the figure waited. On the moonlit path, Alex just needed to look down and he might have had a chance.

Alex soon became dizzy, and slumped to his knees. But he decided that he wanted another taste of freedom and rebellion. He slowly began to spin again. The figure crept a little closer, just an arm's length away from; Alex began to sway. For the first time, the figure had blown his cover. Alex's finger caught the figure's sleeve and ripped it.

Still swaying, Alex realized that he wasn't alone. He pivoted and turned to face the figure. With blurry eyes and a spinning head, he kicked out. Alas, his foot was caught and pushed back. He fell onto his butt. Oh that's going to bruise was Alex's only reaction.

"Pity, I thought you might have looked into the bushes and discovered me." the figure sneered. Jogging closer you could see the metal glint in the hands.

"Who are you... and-" Alex began. He was cut off by what the figure was swinging at him. Thanks to his gaming experience he was barely able to dodge the shining object coming at him.

"WHATERDOOSEEE????" screamed Alex, his eyes wide. Both of them looked at the blade and how it had pierced the tree. Alex spun around but was half a second too slow. A katar came swinging at his head. He fell onto his stomach. The figure strutted forward and used their boot to flip Alex's bloody, unmoving body over. Bright white teeth flashing, the figure raised the weapon and brought it down upon Alex's head. Blood splattered across the formerly beautiful path. The figure raised its' weapon, spun it in his hands and brought it down once again. It sliced through the air and cut easily through the skin on Alex's back, leaving three deep red gashes that were instantly lined with red. The blood pooled itself in the cracks and crevices of the gravel path. Looking down, the figure started talking in a sing-songy voice.

"Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, baker's man. Bake me a cake as fast as you can; Roll it, pat it and mark it with cross. Put it with the other bodies rotting for the boss." Laughing maliciously, the figure receded into the shadows.

Screeches erupted through the halls once again. Sprawled across the gravel, flies and mosquitoes had already begun to surround Alex's now cold body.