Chapter 3. IV

Alex stared at his name, his full name, engraved in silver on the door. He didn't understand where they got it from. Alex had taken up a habit of putting only his first and last name on all forms and pieces of I.D. The only thing that probably still had his thirteen middle names was his birth certificate. How would they have gotten hold of that? But right there in front of him, all spelled correctly, was his long, tedious name. He decided to forget the matter and walked into the room. Alex had expected a luxurious hotel room but what he got was much better. In addition to a king sized feather bed and 18 inch flat screen tv, there was every gaming console with an enormous array of video games that could keep him busy for years. They had everything from Atari to the new PS7. In front of the T.V was a fully functional gaming chair. It didn't stop there either, not only were there console games, but there was the new computer by Alinest. It was supposed to be the fastest computer ever made. Alex was nothing short of awestruck. He walked over to the computer. On top of it was a note.

To Alex

We hope you are content with your bed chamber. We have many connections to the gaming industry so getting these games wasn't hard. If you have any requests, please let us know.

Alex wondered why he was ever so suspicious. Of course, the absence of internet affected him but he decided he could live with it; there was so just much to play. He sat down at the computer and noticed something sticking out underneath the mouse pad. He pulled it out. It was a newspaper clipping, dated about five years ago.

STEAM HACKED: CULPRIT STILL AT LARGE

Steam has lost several millions of dollars trying to figure out who was behind the hacking that tore the company apart. Last week, the popular gaming company was broken into again, and thousands of games were deleted, copied or downloaded illegally. Police are still investigating.

"It takes a lot of experience and skill to pull of something like this." Police officer Bill told the Winsed Daily. "This is worse than the Ashley Madison hack that happened ten years ago"

Alex stopped reading and looked to the bottom. Scrawled there, in a shade of red ink that looked like blood, was a message.

I know what you did.