Chapter 11. III

"Did you know when I read the bullshit about silence being so loud, I usually laughed about how stupid it was. How could no sound be loud? And you know how they say absentence makes the heart grow fonder, I also laughed about that. But it's true you know." Salwa laughed. She was shaking and her breathing sped up. All of the people were in the rec room either sitting down or doing things quietly. It wasn't like the beginning of the trip, where everyone actually did things and the atmosphere was good. Salwa hardly painted anything anymore other than the artwork of those who passed. Tess, Max, and Nico did not play games or read anymore. Even Angela, who you could find practicing her choreography while sleeping, just stared out the window or at her feet. Everyone else was the same, just doing nothing.

Mitch stared at her. After opening his mouth and closing it a couple of times he finally asked,

"Are you crying or something?"

Salwa fell off her chair as she was shaking too much. Getting up, still shaking, she dusted off her black leggings. Looking up and scanning the room she stared at each face left, making eye contact until each one broke it off.

"No, I'm not crying. I'm wishing you guys good luck. You'll need it, being the idiots you are." With that, she strutted out of the room.