Chapter 4. III

It was recreation time about a week later. Back in Canada, the weather would have gotten much colder, and the first autumn leaves would have begun to fall. But this was not Canada. This was a tropical island, and on tropical islands, the weather does not get colder, and the leaves do not fall. On tropical islands, it always stays the same. Henry went out for a run after lunch, and had taken up the better part of recreation time. He returned to the mansion just in time for dinner. He quickly changed his clothes, and navigated his way down to the great hall. The other nine were already there. Kyle was lecturing them on proper table etiquette.

"Excuse me Mr. Kyle sir, what is this all about?" asked Henry curiously.

"Oh Mr. Zhang, you have made it at last! We were just discussing proper table manners!" Kyle replied cheerfully. He was using the same tone that irked Salwa a couple days earlier. Apparently, Kyle seemed to be happiest when he was disciplining others. Henry tried his best to shrug it off.

"Why exactly are we learning table manners?"

"Why, I thought that an athlete would at least understand the importance of manners! It is good social habits in its simplest form! Do you not shower after your games? Or change your clothes? I do hope you changed upon your return from that hot and sticky run!" exclaimed Kyle. The way he said those lines were directed as if it was an insult, and it set Henry's nerves on edge.

"Well excuse me! I did change my clothes thank you very much!" Henry retorted.

"Very well then. Do remember arriving on time translates to table manners as well. This way if you please." Kyle said calmly. The group headed for the dining room. As Henry passed by Kyle, he muttered quite a few profane remarks about him.

"Excuse me? Would you mind repeating that to my face?" Kyle inquired, clearly irritated. So Henry repeated his words.

"Well, if this was about my highly educational lesson on essential etiquettes, I believe this is a little over the edge." Kyle replied.

"Oh? Well if you are so confident in your sophisticated little self, then why are you so proud all the time, and act like you have the right to boss us around?" roared Henry.

"Well young sir, clearly, you do require some assistance with that attitude of yours!" Kyle fired back hotly.

"You know what, this has something to do with the notes and articles you undoubtedly left in our rooms for us to find on our first day! You thought we would never realize you were the rat behind it all!" Henry shouted. Of course, he had no idea what he was talking about, but it seemed to do the trick because Kyle's face paled drastically. He drew himself up to his full height, and marched past Henry into the dining room. Henry furiously stormed in after him.