Chapter 19. I

Kal, Tess, Nico, and Angela filed down the stairs after making sure Max was ok . They all looked at each other with fear, as they had no idea what was about to be revealed to them. They stopped just outside the door though when they heard voices inside. Peeking through the doors, they saw Maira carefully buttering her bread calmly, completely ignoring Kyle's sputtering.

"H-how? You're supposed to be gone!" he hissed. His back was towards them.

Maira placed the butter knife down and took a small bite. She sighed lightly. She didn't bother to acknowledge Kyle's presence. When Kyle took another step towards her she looked up and sighed again. But this sigh was filled with bitterness and expectation.

"So? How did you come back Ms. Khan? What's the secret?" he said. His voice rose feverishly and was filled with a predatory viciousness.

Maira rolled her eyes exactly how she used to. "Would you mind lowering your voice? You're causing a commotion, and you're distracting all of us." Her tone had not changed at all.

Kyle smirked and gave an ungentlemanly snort. "All of us? There is no all of us." He spat gesturing to the room. Continuing on he said "I could make you disappear again like this." He snapped to prove his point.

Arching her eyebrow unimpressed, Maira simply went back to eating. Kyle had no idea that right around the doorway were people who heard things that they weren't supposed to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hiya there! It sure has been a while since our last author's note. Speaking of authors, one of our group members, Angela, has decided to stop writing the story with us. :(

In case you haven't gotten the notification yet, we will be pausing chapter updates for the next few weeks to catch up on writing. We will let you know when they return to the normal schedule. Sorry about that.

On a brighter note, thank you all so much for reading and supporting us up until this point. As a token of our appreciation, dedicated chapters will be given to anyone who has shown us support, whether you follow us, vote on every chapter, or simply just added it to your reading list. Leave a comment at the bottom of this section letting us know which chapter part you enjoyed the most and why, and you could have that section dedicated to you! :)

Please be sure to comment the chapter and the part number along with your reason. E.g. "Chapter 26. IV because it was funny". Note that more detailed reasons help us create better content and become better writers. At the moment only one dedication per person, and only if that chapter does not already have a dedication. 

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow, and Happy Reading!!!