Chapter 12. VII

Mitch was trying to control his breathing when he heard Salwa and Max shut their doors. Grabbing his compact telescope, papers, and jacket, he waited until the lights went out. Then he opened the door and left it ajar. It was close enough to the wall that if anyone was to look at his door, they would think it was closed. Trying his best to step lightly, Mitch made his way to the staircase. Sneaking past the rooms and climbing the stairs was the easy part. Now he had to make it to the roof. He snuck into the recreation room. Well, more like palace field. Not having to worry about noise, he jogged over to the large windows. Already breathing heavily, he took a few minutes to catch his breath. Closing his eyes slightly he bathed in the moonlight. This is good, very good, it's great to see the stars. Licking his lips, he opened the window and tossed his very compact and sturdy telescope onto the roof. It wasn't very hard, since the roof on this side was slanted. Tucking the papers into the secret pocket of his jacket, Mitchell peered his head out. He immediately brought it back in when the wind almost pulled him out and pushed him to his death. Wouldn't want that happening now would we? Leaning out again he reached his arm out to the wall right of him. It's somewhere there, it's gotta be. Ah-ha! In his hand was a what felt like a metal pole. In truth, it was a ladder that led up to the roof. Bracing himself, he readied himself for the climb against the wind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello again! Sorry about the short filler chapters we've been posting these past few weeks. There's just a lot of filler scenes from chapters 12 to 15-ish (that is just an estimate) Hang tight, it will be worth it when the time comes. Until then, thanks so much for reading!!!!!!!!! :)

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow, and Happy Reading!