Chapter 3. I

"Greetings and welcome, I will be your escort." the man said. "My name is Kyle; pleasure to be of your service. I extend the greetings of my superiors, as they too welcome you to their humble abode."

This immediately caused an enormous uproar; mixed with anger and confusion. Kyle clapped his hands in a sophisticated manner to get everyone's attention. "Now now, I know that you all are unaware of what is going on, but I assure you this was all planned".

"You're kidnapping us!" exclaimed Salwa. "You must be pulling our legs here!"

"No need to be melodramatic, this is all according to plan. As to pulling your legs, I can assure you I have no reason to be doing that." said Kyle calmly, no hidden intentions.

"No need to be so cliché." Tess implied. "Clichés are boring and overused. They're an author's worst nightmare. I'd rather die than have to live a cliché!"

"What's going on!? Can you at least give us food before you start yapping away?" Nico demanded. His stomach could be heard growling ferociously.

"There will be food and beverages. No need to fret." Kyle responded.

"How much food? Will it last us long enough? I need to know the specifics so I can calculate to be sure!" Kal was quite wary of trusting a man who had manipulated them into coming to the island in the first place.

"Kal-culate!" Nico yelled again. Everyone turned to stare at him with blank expressions on their faces.

"It will last as long as you need." Kyle stated. No one noticed the sly smile that tugged on his lips.