Chapter 3. VIII

Henry was one step away from punching that arrogant butler in the face. He couldn't believe he was fooled into coming on this 'vacation'. He was losing precious practice time. Who knows what his teammates are doing? They probably think I'm slacking off he thought. He furiously jutted the door open only to find something that was nowhere near the lines he was expecting. On one side of the room, he glanced to see an exercise paradise. There were pull up bars, a treadmill, an elliptical machine, and much more. 

"Maybe this isn't going to be so bad," he announced as a wide grin spread across his face. He checked his watch and realized that his training would've begun in a couple of minutes. Without needing to change, he hopped on the treadmill and set it to 10 kilometers per hour. Right before he pressed start, an envelope resting on the dumbbells caught his eye. He slid it out of the manilla envelope and pulled out the first sheet. It read:

6 Alleged Gang Members Shot Near Professional Badminton Training Camp

He held his breath and stiffened to listen if anyone else was outside of his room. Hearing no one, he slip out the second sheet. The message scrawled on it was even more frightening than the first.

Is your blood lust satisfied?

The envelope trembled in his grasp. He was at a lost for words. How did they know? It's impossible. No one else was there! he thought to himself as he took in what was written on the paper. Instead of pressing start on the treadmill, he turned on his heel and was about to run out of the room. Right before he bolted, he ripped up the paper to tiny bits, and sprinkled it on the floor. There we go he thought. That ought to have answered their questions.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

A/N Hi again! Aaaaand the secret's out! Well, not really. *Trying really hard not to spoil anything* No but seriously, the synopsis at the beginning of the book already hinted at the fact that the 10 'Chosen Ones' (if you could call it that) are not your everyday civilians.  *cough cough criminals cough cough* Please excuse the coughing fit, I may be ill. (I actually am so that wasn't and exaggeration.) All sarcasm aside, I really hope you are enjoying the story so far, and I'm sure my fellow writers can agree. The remaining five rooms will be posted next week so stay tuned!

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow, and Happy Reading!!!