Chapter 1. IX

Maira sat at her desk filling out a stack of contracts. Her fountain pen glided smoothly across the paper, leaving her flawlessly printed signature in its wake. Why shouldn't it be perfect; she had scrawled it too many times. To tolerate such an imperfection was downright unacceptable, especially your own signature. She was just finishing up the last of the boxes when there was a curt rap on the door.

"Come in." she called out.

"Sorry to interrupt you," her secretary said as he walked in. "But someone left this for you." He handed her a creamy pale beige envelope. Maira ran her fingers over the paper.

Whoever this is, she thought. They obviously have money to spare on such luxuries.

"Thank you. You may leave." replied Maira, dismissing him. He bowed once and closed the door softly behind him. She opened the envelope to find a letter.

Dear Ms. Maira Khan, Mayor of Ravensworth City

We would like to congratulate you on becoming the mayor of Ravensworth City, and thank you for your time. It has come to our attention that you possess many desirable leadership qualities. We are wondering if you would like to join us in a project of ours, that we predict will be very beneficial for all  the attending leaders. We cannot elaborate much at the moment, for security reasons, but we would greatly appreciate it if you could come. Enclosed is a ticket to the island, and that is where the assembly is to be held.

Please refrain from mentioning this anyone because, as we stated before, it is for your own safety and is highly confidential.

Regards,

B.L.U

(Business Leaders United)

Maira pulled the ticket out from the envelope. Again, no address was written. Maira decided that this was a wonderful opportunity for her. She was ecstatic with the idea of a beneficial project. She called her secretary.

"Hello?"

"Yes, it's me. Please note that I will not be here next week."

"Where are you going ma'am?"

"That's classified information. Now get back to work." She hung up the phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Hi again! Now you know a bit more about the main characters of the story! It may be a bit confusing at first, having so many personalities thrown at you all at once, sorry about that! We didn't originally plan on sharing this story on Wattpad, and as mentioned before, these are people that we have known personally for a couple years. (And yes we asked their permission to use them in our story.) :)

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow, and Happy Reading!!!