Chapter 3. III

"Look. At. The. Size. Of. That. House!" exclaimed Salwa. Everyone else was in too much shock to respond.

"It's actually a mansion," corrected Kyle.

"A mansion; a large impressive house," stated Kal. "It fits its definition quite well." The mansion was extremely impressive, especially to eight of them, as most of them were no wealthier than upper-middle class and they all owned modest apartments and townhouses. Maira, as mayor, was obviously used to these kinds of houses, though none were as extravagant as this one. Angela owned a mansion herself and shared it with some of her labelmates, although not quite as large. The mansion was at least four stories tall, with intricate designs carved into the walls.

There were even a few tall pillars -obviously Greek architecture- lacing the front of the mansion, ahead of the massive dark wooden double doors that lead inside.

"Will there be food inside?" asked Nico who had been without food for over an hour -a new record for him- and was now ravenous. "And will it be good food?"

"We have tried to make sure that there will be something for everyone on the menu." responded Kyle.

"THERE'S A MENU!" exclaimed Nico. "I'M SOLD." He then happily zoned out, fantasizing about all the possible food that could be served. He practically floated inside of the house as Kyle led them inside. Once inside, the mansion seemed even more spacious than before. Everyone marveled at the place. No one had ever seen such a thing. Kyle took them up the stairs.

"These will be your rooms. Your names have been engraved on the doors" he said, motioning to the doors. "We have tried to accommodate them to your needs as much as possible, but please feel free to call us if you need anything. There is a button that will instantly bring room service to you. But it is in need of repairs, so I advise you to seek me instead until it has been attended to. I will leave you be to unpack. Dinner will be served at eight." He left. Slowly, everyone walked into their rooms.