#2: BRENDAN GALLAGHER - #11 MONTREAL CANADIENS

"As much as I love this little guy, I really can't keep doing this every single night." I sigh as I push myself up from the comforts of my bed. I walk into Tyler's room, Brendan and I's new baby boy born not even three months ago. Of course, I don't mean what I said. I love our little boy to pieces, but what I don't love is the 3 am wake ups every morning to calm him from his crying. I knew when I got pregnant there would be consequences and sleep was one of those things, I had to give up caring for our child, but I didn't realize the extent it would have on my sleep. Brendan though, well he gets his beauty sleep every single night while I'm left to deal with our son myself.

"Whatever happened to, 'I'll look after him this week since I have no games.'" I mock Brendan as I pick up a crying Tyler Gallagher. The small baby in my arms cries in my arms as I rock and sooth him in the hopes to calm him down to stop his crying.

"You look just like your father you know." I mutter softly rocking Tyler in my arms. He continues to cry and cry until I finally need to sit down. I knew looking after a baby would be hard, but I never expected it to be this hard especially when Brendan helps sometimes. Kudos to all those single moms out there, I don't think I could do it alone.

"Don't you have an off switch?" I mumble putting a bottle of warm milk up to Tyler's mouth, to which he starts to cry again. Nope, he isn't hungry.

"You definitely don't need changed." I comment moving Tyler's body back down onto my chest, he's blue eyes seem to be an unstoppable waterfall.

"What do you want baby? I don't speak gurgles so you're going to have to work with me here." I sigh hugging his tiny little body against mine, Tyler continues to cry.

"Did you just say, 'I don't speak gurgles'?" Brendan asks sleepily as he walks into Tyler's nursery. I look up from Tyler and see Brendan standing in the door way in a pair of shorts, his hair is all messy and his eyes squinting as they adjust to the light.

"I can speak a crap ton of languages, but baby gurgles, that's a whole other thing." I tell moving over to let Brendan sit beside me on the floor. He lifts his hands up and slowly takes Tyler from my arms. Suddenly, the crying stops, and quietness fills the room, I look to Brendan who sits with a smug look on his face.

"Looks like Tyler loves me more." He says holding Tyler's now silent body close to his chest. I look flabbergasted at him; how can this be happening?

"Shut up, how can he love you more when you hardly do anything? I spend all day and night looking after him, I change him, feed him, clothe him, love him and what do I get in return? Puked and cried on." I mumble slumping further down the wall until I finally lay across the floor, my eyes are closed as I listen to Brendan sooth Tyler into a sleep.

All at once it feels like everything comes crashing down on me, my body feels tired and sore. I can't keep my eyes open, I could lay here and sleep if it was possible and I think I might just do that.

"Hey, come on, let's get baby mama into her bed." Brendan says gently helping me up after he put Tyler back in his cot. I groan and lean into him as he walks us back to our bedroom.

"Did you call me 'baby mama' there?" I mutter climbing on top of the covers and star fish myself out, I hear Brendan chuckle and push my arm and leg slightly away from his side of the bed.

"Yes, I did." He tells wrapping the covers over the both of us.

"Why did I choose to marry you?" I sigh rolling over to face Brendan, I open one eye and see his face inches from mine.

"Because you did, and you also love me." Brendan says kissing my forehead before his arm moves over my shoulder and pulls me close to him.

"That is true, I do truly love you." I mumble, my eyes closing, and my breathing becomes slower and slower until I finally lose myself to sleep. Soon after Tyler begins to cry again and this time, I'm not the one to get up, this time Brendan slips out of bed and goes to our soon.

"How does baby mama do this every night?" He mutters to himself as he walks into our sons' room. 

A/N: What do you guys think? I enjoyed writing this one.

-Lauryn.