#23: JAMES NEAL - #18 EDMONTON OILERS PART ONE

I always thought he was the one for me. The one person I would grow old with, have children with, you know the usual crap you think when you've been dating someone for such a long time. We've been friends since three years old, we started dating at sixteen, and when he was drafted to Dallas I went with him giving up on my dream to be with him as he followed his.

And then he got traded to the Penguins in 2011 and I went with him again, leaving everything behind to go live in Pittsburgh and start a whole new life there in a different state. There I thought that was it, he wasn't going anywhere after that, we are in Pittsburgh till the end of his career and would hopefully stay there when it ended.

But I was once again wrong with everything.

This time when he got traded to Nashville it wasn't just us two going, when we left for Nashville we were bringing two children along with us to a different part of America. During our time in Pittsburgh we decided it was time to get married and start a family together, and that's what we did. We got married in our second year of living in Pittsburgh, we flew our family out and had a small wedding with the people who we wanted there.

When we came back from our honeymoon the morning sickness soon began and the hormonal changes started, I knew that I was pregnant and both of us were over the moon when my doctor confirmed it was true. Nine months later and we had two beautiful twin boys by the name of Lawson and Bodhi, both identical to their father and of course both of them picked up the love for hockey.

At first our time in Nashville was fun, it was a new town and a new change of scenery for both us and the boys. But then it went all down hill after six months living in Nashville. The fighting soon began, the sleepless nights wondering what ever happened to us, everything had changed for us.

And it changed for the worst.

"James, when will you realize that I can't keep up with this? I can't keep looking after our children by myself while you are never home, I also have a job to go to, I can't keep sending them to a babysitter every day!" I yelled from across the room. James stood facing me on the other side of the room, his hands by his side as he watched me.

"Well I'm sorry for doing my job Y/N." James shouted back at me using his hands to talk with.

"I know that it is your job to play hockey, but when you are back you're never home with us. You're either out early in the morning or home late at night, we hardly see you anymore." I cried using my hands to talk now. James stood with a solemn look on his face, he bowed his head in shame as he knows I'm telling the truth.

"You want to know what Lawson asked me tonight while I was putting him and Bodhi to bed?" I asked before he could speak up and put my hands on my hip as I waited for James' answer. He stood silently, his head still bowed.

"He asked me 'does daddy still love us?' I couldn't answer because truthfully I don't know the answer to that. You don't seem to show us any love anymore, I am even starting to think that you don't love me or our sons." I admitted truthfully to my husband. James didn't move or say anything, his posture staying the same as I kept pushing him and telling him the truth.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" I yelled looking to James.

"Of course I love you guys." James protested looking at me now, his eyes looking at me in sadness.

"Well it sure as hell doesn't look or feel like it James. You are never here so how can we make that judgement ourselves?" I questioned getting agitated with James.

"It seems like you've already came to that conclusion Y/N!" James shouted in relation, his anger becoming present now.

"That's because I never see you James! It's like you're a stranger in your own home now, you never spend more than five minutes in mine or your sons company. You come home, sleep, eat and then leave, that's all you do now. How am I suppose to feel love when that happens?" I argued throwing my hands up in frustration. James kept quiet when I once again told him something that is true that he does.

"What do we do then?" James asked sitting down on the couch. I sighed and paced up and down the living. Unfortunately I already know the answer to his question, I've been thinking about it for a while and now I have to say it.

"I think we need some time apart, get our priorities straight before we end up doing something we regret." I croaked tears welling up in my eyes at the thought of us divorcing or breaking apart. I didn't want to say that but with what has been happening for the past few months, we need some time apart.

"I guess you're right Y/N." James agreed standing up from his spot on the couch.

"I'm sorry James." I said watching James lift his car keys and phone off the coffee table, he slipped his shoes on before moving closer.

"Don't be Y/N." He told walking over to me and laid a kiss on my forehead, there is nothing there like there use to be when kissed me.

"Just promise one thing." James whispered standing back from me but kept his hands on my arms, I nodded not looking up to him if I did I know I would end up crying.

"Don't give up on us."

And with that he walked out of the house, not looking back once.