#104 - Evgeni Malkin - #71 Pittsburgh Penguins: Part Two

I drove from Pittsburgh straight to Columbus where my family resides, I hadn't told them I was coming so turning up on their doorstep unexpected was a shock to them. Of course they had wondered why their daughter had turned up to their door with their grandchild and all their belongings shoved into her car, I hadn't planned on telling them I was divorcing Evgeni until I showed up at their door. I had believed they would have hated me for doing what I've done but they didn't, they told me that they would stand by me throughout it all and be there for Oisin whenever I needed them.

It has been a few days since I've left Evgeni and since then I've had countless calls from him, Sidney, and other teammates of his. I let each go to voice mail, I listened to some whenever I put Oisin to bed. They kept saying the same thing, 'please come home'. Hearing Evgeni's voice broken and in pain would have made me break down and cry but I don't, I man up and remember that he never cared about Oisin and I. I guess somewhere deep down he may still care about us, though why did he hide it? Why has he chosen to become a stranger to us?

A week later Oisin and I headed back to Pittsburgh to speak with my lawyer and also Evgeni, we needed to settle the custody of our child and the divorce its self. The idea of giving Evgeni custody of Oisin scared me, he was never around whenever we were there, how is he going to look after Oisin by himself whenever he's away playing hockey almost every day? He is far too busy to be a single father.

I knocked that thought from my head as I dressed myself, Oisin was sat in the bedroom while I got ready in the bathroom. While we were in Columbus with my parents he kept asking when we were going back home, no matter how hard I tried to preoccupy his mind with other things he still insisted in going home.

"You ready Os?" I asked walking out from the bathroom, Oisin lay across the hotel bed reading a book. 

"Yeah." He nodded pushing himself up from the bed, he placed his feet on the floor and walked over towards me.

"Let's go then." I smiled putting my lipstick in my bag and then out the handbag over my shoulder, I held onto Oisin's hand as we walked down to my car.

_ _ _ _ _

"Whatever happens today honey, just know that I love you so much." I told Oisin as we stood outside the lawyers office, Oisin nodded and looked down to the ground, I held onto his hand and walked into the office. Evgeni sat with his back to us when we entered, he immediately got up from the chair and stood looking over Oisin and I. He looks tired, worn down, not the Evgeni I know and love. I should admit that I still love him after everything, it's hard not to. I love him too much and though it was my idea to do this, I know I will hate myself later in life.

"Y/N." He whispered softly in his accent, hearing his voice in person made me want to run up to him and tell him I love him but that would seem stupid with what we are about to do.

"OK please take a seat and we'll get down to business." My lawyer said gesturing to the chairs that sat in front of his table, I walked over and sat down on the chair.

"Are you two positive that this is what you want?" My lawyer asked looking to both of us.

No, that's all I thought but there's no backing away, not now. 

"Yes." I said ignoring what my heart was saying, Evgeni nodded reluctantly. 

"OK well if this what you two want then it's for the best right? You two can talk this over, I will wait outside if there are any problems just pop your head outside and I'll come back in." My lawyer said standing up and walked out of the room, it was silence everywhere between us. 

"Oisin can see you whenever you have a two day break, he can spend a night every few weeks whenever you aren't playing that night." I told looking to Evgeni who looked distraught. 

"Are we really doing?" Evgeni asked. 

"It's for the best." I said looking down to my hands that rested on my lap. 

"Why? You never gave me the chance to talk about this, why do you think I kept calling? I wanted to talk with you, I needed to know why you just decided that we should divorce. Did you think about me at all?" 

"Did you think about us at all whenever we were home?" I spat back at his comment, Evgeni looked down in shame. 

"All the time, I know I never showed it but I did and I still do. You're the love of my life Y/N, both you and Oisin are. I'm not the greatest with words but I still love you Y/N, I will never stop loving you but this divorce isn't what I want. I want you to give me a second chance at redeeming myself and I will change, I know that I will. You know I am not one to ask for second chances so please can you think this through, is this really what you want Y/N? Do you really want us to forget that we were ever married?" Evgeni asked with tears trickling down his face as he spoke, the same with me as well.

"I don't want this divorce." I mumbled out, wiping away the tears that stained my cheeks. 

"I don't want it either, I want us to work it out before we do something that we'll regret." Evgeni told reaching forward and placed his hand upon mine.

"Let's work it out." I nodded. 

"I'll change, I promise I will." Evgeni said. "Just come home, please." He looked at me with hopeful eyes, Oisin stood beside me his hand still in mine. 

"Say yes mummy." Oisin pleaded looking to me. 

"I guess." I said looking back to Evgeni.

"Thank you Y/N, thank you." Evgeni sighed leaning forward and embraced me within his grasp, I wrapped my arms around him tightly and laid my head against his chest. 

"I love you Y/N." Evgeni whispered into my ear, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"I love you too." I told and meant every word of it.

A/N: Part three? I don't know if I should write one or not. Also this has been written quickly and I'm tired so I haven't looked over it, I'm sorry if there are many spelling mistakes and words that shouldn't even be there.

-Lauryn.