#121 - Jamie Benn - #14 Dallas Stars

I sat on the couch in my living room, my textbooks and notes spread across the coffee table, floor, and couches as I try and cram so much information into my brain before my final exam. A pen in my mouth as I read over a paragraph explaining Communism during World War Two, I brought the pen down from my mouth and highlighted an important section before putting it back between my teeth.

I was too engrossed in studying that I didn't hear Jamie walk in through the door after his game, he dropped his gear bag on the ground creating a large noise that I am too oblivious to notice. He walks into the living room and immediately stops when he saw the state that I have it in, I still am not aware of him standing in the door frame. 

"Y/-"

"Oh my god!" I screamed out jumping into the air and threw the pen in Jamie's direction, I breathed a sigh of relief when I realized it was Jamie and not some intruder who I thought had come to murder me. Jamie stared at me and picked the pen up from the floor that missed his head by an inch, he held it in his hand and walked over to me, stepping over the notes that I have placed around the couch. 

"I think you need a break." Jamie told dropping the pen on the coffee table and moved pages of my notes to the side and sat down on the couch, I grimaced as he messed up the order of the notes and got down beside the couch to fix them. 

"I don't need a break, I need to study like crazy to remember all this." I commented picking the notes up and reordering them in the order I want them to be, Jamie sighed and picked the remote off the armchair, he switched the TV on and I gave a sigh but didn't allow it to annoy me. I sat beside Jamie on the couch and began to reread over my notes again, cramming everything that I could into the nut sized brain of mine.

"Come on!" Jamie shouted aloud which made me jump, I sighed and looked over to him with an annoyed expression. 

"Sorry." He mumbled changing the football to something else. I smiled at him before going back to studying, Jamie got up off the couch and walked into the kitchen. He entered back into the living room with a can of beer and nachos, I shook my head and didn't let it annoy me as I got back to studying. He turned the TV channel back on to the football and got engrossed in watching it.

"And touchdown!" Jamie cheered jumping into the air making his nachos fall onto the coffee table, the cheese going everywhere over my textbooks and notes, and his beer spilling over the notes that lay on the floor.

"What the fuck Jamie? You know I need these to study with, why'd you do that?" I screamed throwing my notes down and stood up, Jamie stood beside me looking sheepishly down at the cheese covered notes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think that would happen." He said softly, he sat the beer down and headed off to the kitchen to bring in paper towels to clean up the mess but it was too late.

"Save it, your apology means nothing." I said angrily, not meaning a word that came from my mouth yet I still said it. 

"How am I going to study now?" I groaned picking up some of my notes and headed off to our bedroom, I never noticed Jamie standing by the coffee table with a sad expression on his face.

After a few hours later of studying what I could, I began to feel horrible for shouting at Jamie. I knew it was wrong to do so but I still did it, the anger and frustration built up and I took it out on him when I shouldn't have. I got off the bed and walked into the living room, Jamie lay on the couch sleeping peacefully as I entered in. I sighed when I saw he had cleaned up the living room, the notes ruined he had tried his best to clean them up and rewrote out each of them, the notes that I didn't take into the bedroom with me he had placed neatly on the coffee table. My feeling of horrible got worse when I saw this. 

I walked over to Jamie and knelt down beside him, I lent my head forward and placed my lips upon his. Jamie eye's opened slowly and he blinked a few times, he sat up when he saw me and moved his legs to let me sit beside him.

"I want to apologize for being such a bitch towards you, I never meant to be such a horrible person I know you only wanted to watch the football and have a little fun after your game. I shouldn't have taken my anger out on you, that was bad of me to do so. I just want to apologize." I told taking Jamie's hand and placed mine in his. 

"It's OK Y/N, I shouldn't have had food around when you had important notes out." Jamie said squeezing my hand, I shook my head at what he said.

"But it was my fault for taking my anger out on you. You didn't need to do that, I could have done that." I rambled gesturing to what Jamie had done, he shook his head at that.

"Don't, you don't need to be sorry. We all get angry at times so don't apologize, and for cleaning up your mess, it was annoying me so I just did it." Jamie laughed at the end, I couldn't help but laugh as well. 

"I'm sorry." I said once we stopped laughing. 

"Y/N." Jamie groaned closing his eyes and lent his head back.

"Sorry." I said again, that made Jamie smile and shake his head.

"You can't stop yourself, can you?" He asked smiling at me, I shook my head.

"Ah what am I to do with you." He wondered. 

"Distract me because I am going insane reading line after line about Communism." I told. Jamie smiled and moved so that he is on top of me and I am underneath him, he grinned as our noses touched.

"You mean this?" He asked kissing my lips.

"Just distract me." I smiled kissing his back. 

A/N: In honour of me, who should be studying, I decided to write this. I am extremely tired so I apologize for mistakes that are in this imagine. 

-Lauryn.