#124 - Mitchell Marner - #16 Toronto Maple Leafs

Song: Good Things - Jonathan Roy. 

Mitch's PoV:

I said don't you call her and don't you make contact, let it go that girl won't come back. 

 "Come on Mitch, that's enough." Matt said slinging an arm over my shoulder, I grumbled and reached over for another beer but my hand was swatted away by an angry Auston.

"Please, I need it." I mumbled lifting my head to look at Matt's worried expression, he shook his head and helped me off the bar stool.

"No, you need to go home and take a long shower. We've an important game tomorrow Mitch, get your head in the game." Auston said coming to the side of me and put my arm over his shoulder. Matt and Auston helped me out into the cool air, the wind making my cheeks burn red and my ears tingle with nippy air.

After making sure I got home OK, the boys left me alone and went their separate ways home. I walked into the kitchen, turning the light on and made my over to my fridge, I hauled open the door and brought out a beer for myself. The only way to drown out the pain is to drink, makes you numb. The best kind of remedy. 

I popped open the can and closed the door, I brought the can up to my lips but stopped when I saw the photo on my fridge. I hadn't realized I kept the photo, I thought when you left I got rid of everything that we had together including photos but it seems not. I sat the can of beer on the counter and pulled the photo off the fridge, I held it in my hands and stared down at it with a clouded vision. I had the urge to call you, I wanted to call you and tell you that I miss you but I can't. I can't because you're gone, and you won't be coming back any time soon. The words you spoke, the hatred in your voice, the pain in your eyes. I hated seeing you like this but you left me, I never left you.

But I still wish I could call you.

But she gone, get it through your head, it's only the first part. But she is gone and you will never guess what is the worst part.  

I crumbled the photo in my hand and tossed it into the trash, somehow it made me feel horrible as I was throwing away a life that we had built and you knocked it down by leaving me.

You're gone.

You're gone.

You're gone.

And I still can't grasp the idea of waking up to any empty bed, I can't grasp the idea of you not coming to any of my games, I can't grasp the idea that you are no longer in my life.

The first stage of breakup is learning to deal with your other half not being with you anymore, I'm still on the first part. I'm still trying to come to terms that you aren't with me anymore, I'm not getting any better as everything I think of, everything I see, everything I do, reminds me of you and our time together. 

I headed off to bed after I did that, I couldn't bare to stay awake and remember everything I have tried to take away from my thoughts. I got into bed, my hand resting on the pillow that would have contained your head as you slept beside me. Tears slipped from my eyes as I thought about you laying next to me, the way your head fit perfectly in the crook of my neck, the way how our bodies molded together as one, the way we use to lay with our hands entwined with one another.

You're gone.

You're gone.

You're gone.

It's when the good things happen to me I use to call you up immediately, I got so many good things coming my way but there is no one to call today.

Stanley Cup champion. I can tick that off my list.

We won the Stanley Cup! I cheered when the final buzzer went and soon my helmet and gloves were off and I was skating towards Frederik. Everything was perfect, I had just won the Stanley Cup in my rookie year. Once we had shaken the hands of the Minnesota Wild players we made our way to center ice and collected the hats that indicated the Toronto Maple Leafs are the 2016/2017 Stanley Cup champions, I smiled as the guys were greeted by their other half's or called their family's to tell them they had won. I wanted to call you, I wanted to call you and tell you I have won, that I have won the one thing that I promised to win when we were together but I never did call you. Instead I skated over to Auston and put an arm over his shoulder as he talked to his parents, he smiled sincerely at me as he knew I wanted to call you. 

Why did you leave?

Why did you leave me at the most important time of my life?

I'm a Stanley Cup champion and I can't call you to tell you, the pain it brings me is unbearable.

I wish I could blame the pain on you but that would be selfish, but you've caused me so much pain since you left. 

It's your fault that I can't share all the good things that has happened since you left me. 

I wish you were here with me. I wish you were here on the ice beside me as I raise the Cup above my head and grin as the crowd cheers. 

You're gone. 

You're gone.

And you're not coming back.

A/N: I don't even know what this is! So sorry oh my god. 

I had to write three essay's today in three hours for my diploma and oh my god I messed up so bad so yay me!

Anyways, this was terrible.

-Lauryn.