#96 - Matthew Tkachuk - #19 Calgary Flames

I picked my phone up from the table it sat on, Matthew's face came on the screen. I gave a little smile and answered.

"Hi baby." I said turning the TV sound down.

"Hey." Matthew said in a weird tone, his voice making me worried immediately.

"What's wrong?" I said immediately following him.

"I need to tell you something but you gotta promise me you better not freak out." Matthew told, this making me even more worried.

"Can't promise anything Matt." I admitted sitting up.

I heard Matthew take a deep breath before answering. "I may or may not have broken my ankle in practice."

"What!" I exclaimed this time standing up.

"I broke my ankle and I'm going to be on crutches for four/six weeks." Matthew informed. I was already putting my shoes on as he spoke.

"Oh my god Matthew, are you OK?" I asked in a panic tone.

"Yeah, yeah I'm grand. I'm just sat here relaxing, doc says that the best thing." Matthew tells me. I reached for the remote and turned the TV off, I then walked to my door and put my shoes on.

"I'm coming over." I told him in a tone that said he wasn't to argue.

"Y/N, you don't need to I'm fine by myself." Matthew said in an angry tone, I ignored his comment and continued towards my car.

"Too late mister, I'm already coming over." I said before hanging up.

Thirty minutes later I turned up outside Matthew's apartment building, I got out of my car and closed it, I then headed into the building. 

"I'm here!" I shouted as I walked into Matthew's apartment, I closed the door and headed into his sitting room. I gave him a sad smile when I saw him sitting on the couch with his leg propped up on a pillow, he had the TV on but he wasn't watching it he was more interested in his phone.

"Great." Matthew said flatly as I sat on the couch facing him, I sat the bag of food I brought with me in front of Matthew.

"Your favourite, sour patch kids and McDonald's." I grinned taking the bag of fast food out and handed it to him, he ignored it and continued to scroll down his twitter feed.

"Fine." I sighed ignoring Matthew's actions towards me.

We sat in silence for age before I spoke up.

"How are you feeling?" I asked looking to Matthew.

"Fine." He grumbled giving a shrug.

"Do you need anything? I can make you food or help you around the house if needed?" I said sounding polite as I could, Matthew groaned loudly and turned to me.

"I don't need your help, I didn't ask for you to come around you invited yourself." He replied in a pissed off tone. 

"I just wanted to help you know that's my job as a girlfriend, I'm suppose to help my boyfriend when he is hurt. Why are you being like this? I just want to help." I explained to Matthew, he rolled his eyes at me and replied back.

"I am fine. Listen, I am fine. I don't need your help I can deal with this myself, just leave me alone." Matthew shouted, his loudness making me jump. He's never raised his voice at me like this before, I bit my lip to stop myself from crying in front of him.

"OK but don't call me whenever you are need of help." I whimpered standing up and headed for his door, I didn't make it far before Matthew shouted for me.

"Y/N don't leave." He yelled, I ignored him and headed for the door. 

"Please come back here." Matthew shouted, I turned around and saw him hoping on one leg towards me. I stopped and leaned against the wall, I crossed my arms and waited for him to speak.

"What do you want?" I asked with so much attitude I could muster.

"I'm sorry." Matthew mumbled, I raised my eyebrow at him.

"I'm sorry." He said louder this time. "I'm feeling sorry for myself that's all, I'm pissed off for breaking my ankle in the middle of the season and I'm going to be out for at least twenty games, do you know what that does psychologically to me? They don't know if I'll be the same when I come back, I've worked so hard to get this chance at playing in the NHL and now that I've broken my ankle I've missed my chance at playing a full season. I didn't mean to be such a dick to you, I just needed to vent my anger you were the one that got it. I'm really sorry, I really am Y/N."

"Matthew I know that this sucks but you had no right to treat me like that, it was wrong of you to do so. All I wanted to do was help you, that's all." I said walking over to Matthew, I put my hand under his armpit and his other over my shoulder.

"I know that Y/N, I was just being an asshole. I'm really sorry." Matthew told as I helped him back into his living room, I sat him down on his couch and helped him put his leg up on the pillow. 

"Just don't be a dick whenever I'm trying to help you." I giggled sitting over on the other couch.

"No come here." Matthew whined opening his arms out for me, I laughed and shook my head before moving over to him. 

"I love you very much Y/N." Matthew said as I sat down beside him, he wrapped his arms around my waist and I lent my head on his shoulder.

"I love you too Matthew." 

A/N; I don't know, this is weird. Hope it's alright!

-Lauryn.