#3: ANDERS LEE - #27 NEW YORK ISLANDERS

Early Monday morning I find myself walking to my final exam tired out of my mind, I am a mess and I have a cup of hot coffee to keep me awake. I spent all last night awake studying for my final today, no sleep came my way last night at all. That's the joys of a college life for you, no sleep and always tired!

I balance my textbook on my forearm with my fingers holding the page open, my coffee rests on the open page as I read the paragraph and I am totally oblivious to world around me. Which makes me oblivious to football that is hurtling towards my head this very second. The ball hits me directly in the eye, the force of it sending me stumbling back. I trip over my feet and fall to the ground; the hot coffee ends up going over my textbook and clothes. The hot water begins to seep into my clothes, burning my skin instantly.

"Oh my god, that's hot. That's really fucking hot!" I call out as I jump up and shake the hot coffee off my body.

"Shit, are you OK?" A deep males voice shout. I look up and see a tall blonde-haired male running towards me, his blue eyes full of worry when he sees the wet patch all over my jumper.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm OK. Wow, that's hot, that's really freaking hot." I nod to the male. I breath in and out quickly as the coffee still burns my skin.

"Are you sure? I mean your eye is pretty banged up, it's all red and starting to swell." The handsome blonde-haired guy says using his index finger to gesture to his eye, he sucks in his breath through his teeth at the sight of it.

Crap, I totally forgot about my eye.

"Shit, is it?" I exclaim pulling out my phone and put on the front camera.

"Holy fuck." I breath out moving my hand up to touch it. The whole eye has begun to swell up and slowly a purple tint starts shows up, my eyesight soon begins to get blurry as the swelling gets worse. I think it's a trip to the hospital for me.

"I can take you to the E.R if you want? It's the least I can do since I threw the football and kind of fucked your eye up." The guy says sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck with his hand, his movements begin to make me feel something inside I haven't felt in a while.

"Would you? It'll save me a trip on the bus and not to mention I won't get wired looks from everyone." I chuckle gathering up my textbook and a now empty cup of coffee.

"Of course, I feel really guilty for throwing the ball." The blonde male says softly.

"I'm Y/N." I smile taking my hand out from underneath my textbook and hold it out for him to shake.

"Anders."

...

"What happened next, mummy?" An excited voice calls out from below me. I chuckle and look down at the small five-year-old wrapped up in his spider man pj's and Islanders blanket.

"Well, daddy took me to the hospital and everything was OK, mummy just had swelling on her eye. After the whole incident your daddy and I became good friends and we got together, and now we have been together for seven years." I grin patting Jacks head lightly, he giggles and looks up at me with his large blue eyes just like his fathers.

"I think it's bedtime for you now, it's after 8:30!" I exclaim playfully making Jack laugh louder.

"No, mummy. Another story!" Jack pleads pushing himself out of his bed and moved towards me, his dark blonde curly hair like his father bounces as he moves.

"Really? Another story?" I exclaim lifting him up and sit him on my knee.

"Yeah, yeah. I want to know more about you and daddy!" He squeals turning around to face me. I let out a grunt as he jumps up and down on my knee.

"I think it's bedtime, mister. Mummy won't be too happy if you don't wake up early tomorrow for our trip." A deep voice comes from the door. I look up and see Anders standing there smiling widely at the sight of his son and I, his arms are folded over his chest and a smile is prominent on his lips.

"Daddy's right, you better get some sleep if you want to go see daddy skate with his team tomorrow morning. Isn't that right?" I say lifting Jack up and set him down into his bed again. Anders walks over and bends down on one knee in front of Jacks bed, Jack nods vigorously with wide eyes and a smile prominent on his face.

"Mummy's right, hockey players go to bed early so they can wake up early and play hockey." Anders tells leaning forward and kisses Jacks head, which made Jack squeal and laugh.

"OK, daddy. I'm going to bed now, so I can grow up to be just like you!" Jack yawns and smiles widely.

"I love you, my baby." I whisper bending down and kiss Jacks forehead. I pull his blanket back up and tuck him in, he snuggles down into his blankets.

"I love you too, mummy. I love you too, daddy." He yawns again before turning around to face the wall, seconds later small snores fill his bedroom.

"What story did he want to hear tonight?" Anders asks as we walk into the living room.

"He didn't want to hear the old ones, so I told him the story about how we met, and how you threw the ball at me." I tell sitting myself down on the couch and kick my feet up onto the coffee table.

"You didn't swear in front of him, right? We swore a lot when we first me, it was sort of funny." Anders chuckles sitting beside me and wraps an arm over my shoulder, I snuggle into his side and rest my head on his shoulder.

"Of course, I didn't swear in font of our child." I say slapping Anders playfully on his lap, his deep chuckle vibrates through my body as he chuckles at that.

"You know, if my friend caught that ball, we wouldn't have met nor, would we be together." Anders sighs thoughtfully and begins to draw shapes on my shoulder, his eyes focused on his finger.

"That's true, I guess I wouldn't have missed my final or have gotten a huge black eye." I exclaim playfully snuggling down into Anders chest. He reaches forward to grab the remote and put Netflix on for us to watch.

"Ha ha." Anders mutters twisting his fingers in my hair.

"I love you." I smile pushing myself up and kiss him gently on his lips.

"I love you too." Anders mumbles against my lips.