#19: ANDRE BURAKOVSKY - #95 COLORADO AVALANCHE

"Come on Y/N, you need to get over him." My friend, Janice, sighed walking into my bedroom. I didn't move from under my mountain of pillows, who needs the world when you can live in your own bed for life? 

"Y/N, I know you're under there." Janice said giving my body a little shake. I groaned and crawled out, the bright lights blinding me. 

"There she is." Janice cheered when my whole body finally left the comforts of my pillows. I gave her a look and threw myself back down on my blankets, letting the pillows and soft material take over my body again. 

"OK, you know what. You are coming out tonight and that's final. You need to get over that son of a bitch and drinking is the best way." Janice told sternly grabbing my hands and pulled me back up, her face has that look of determination and when Janice has that face you don't mess with her.

"Well that son of a bitch ruined my life and got me pregnant and then fucked away off. Why should I go out and act like my life is OK when I know it's not? I can't drink no more so getting shit faced is out of the question and what guy is going to want to go out with me when he finds out I'm pregnant? Especially when I'm twenty-one and still in college. I'm going to look like a fucking slut, my life is over." I argued throwing myself back down again, wanting to be buried in my pillow mountain for the rest of my life and never leave again.

I never meant to get pregnant, I don't think anybody my age has the mind set to get pregnant six months into a relationship. I thought that night we had sex he wore protection, but now I see that he didn't because I'm knocked up. And when I told him that I am pregnant with his child, he walked away saying he is too young to be a father and he didn't want to ruin his life with a child. Little did he know he ruined my life too and yet I have to look after the consequences.

"I know Y/N, I know. But just come out tonight OK? It'll be like old times and anyways who needs men? We've got each other and I'm going to be here for you." Janice smiled sitting beside me, her arm going over my shoulder and pulled me into a friendly hug.

"You're a great friend Janice." I chuckled giving her a high five.

"Then you'll agree to go out tonight?" She asked with hopefulness in her tone.

"Maybe." I said giving a shrug of my shoulders.

_ _ _ _ _

After many protests and disagreements I found myself sitting at a table all alone with a glass of water while Janice is of somewhere sucking the face of some random dude. 'I'm going to be here for you and not leave you alone' what a load of bullshit.

"Hey there pretty lady." A slurred voice came from above me. I looked up and saw a blonde haired male standing beside me with a beer in his hand. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention away from him, maybe if I act like he isn't there then he'll disappear. But unfortunately that tactic didn't work and he stayed.

"I'm talking to you." He said sliding into the chair in front of me.

"Really? I didn't notice." I sighed bringing my glass of water up to my lips and took a large gulp of water, my head hurting with the music being played.

"Yeah, what ya say we get out of here and maybe go back to your house and get our fun on." He suggested leaning forward, his alcoholic breath blowing in my face. I closed my mouth and held my breath until he moved back, the stench of alcohol making me want to throw up everywhere.

"Um, no. No thank you." I said politely looking around for Janice but she is no where to be found. My eyes found their way to a dark haired male watching from another table, his eyes softening up when he saw me sitting beside the creepy male in front of me. I quickly moved my eyes back onto the male in front of me when he reached forward.

"That really wasn't a question." He told sternly grabbing a hold of my wrist, his grasp tightening hard. My eyes widened in fear as he kept his grasp on me.

"Ow." I breathed out trying to pull my hand away but he didn't let go. He tightened his grip even more until I couldn't deal with the pain anymore, I swore I felt my bone break.

"Get the fuck off me dude." I shouted standing up and pulled my hand away. In the process of this all happening the dark haired male I made eye contact with earlier came up behind the blonde haired male and grabbed his hand to stop him from hurting me even more.

"The lady said let go, I'd suggest you let go before something happens you don't like." The dark haired male said ripping the other males hand off mine. I let out a sigh and rubbed the area where he hand was, a red mark eventually began to appear and I knew a bruise would be visible.

"Watch it, boy." The blonde douche said glaring at the man who saved me and stumbled away leaving me and the other male alone.

"Thank you for that, I could have handled that myself but his grasp was too tight." I said gratefully as the dark haired male walked up to me, he nodded in acknowledgment.

"Yeah, I didn't like the way he grabbed you and I thought I would step in to help." The guy said sheepishly, a tinge of a accent coming out as he spoke.

"You saw?" I asked and then remembered we made eye contact earlier.

"Yeah, I uh I was gonna come over and see if you were OK because you looked a little sad, but then that guy came over and I saw what he did so I decided to come over and help out." The guy said giving a nod.

"Wow thank you, I'm Y/N Y/L/N by the way." I smiled extending my hand out.

"Andre Burakovsky." He said shaking my hand.

"You're not American are you?" I asked sitting down and Andre took the seat facing me. Somehow, I feel this conversation will go a lot further.

A/N: I'm not sure about this one, what do you guys think about it? I won't be updating a lot now because school is starting again, but I'll try my best.

-Lauryn.