#133: JAKE BEAN - #24 CHARLOTTE CHECKERS

I groaned as the bright sunlight shone through the crack in the curtain and onto my face, the brightness waking me instantly. I rolled over only to have my face come into contact with something hard, looking up I saw the bare chest of my boyfriend, Jake, in my way. Pushing myself up, I smiled at the sight of him sleeping next to me with his hair messy and in every shape. I pulled the covers off me and made my way over to the window and pulled the curtains back to reveal the blanket of whiteness that had came overnight, everywhere I looked I saw the white snow that covers every inch of the city of Calgary.

I heard the groaning noise of my boyfriend from behind me and I turned in his direction to find him laying with his back against the headboard and a smile on his face, he grinned at me and beckoned me over to him but I shook my head. The snow is more important. 

"What are you smiling about?" Jake asked crawling out of bed and made his way over to me, he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into his chest.

"It snowed last night, I want to go and play in it." I smiled up at him. Jake only laughed at my childishness. 

"Y/N, we are almost 19 I think playing in the snow at our age is a little silly." Jake said pressing his lips onto the back of my head, I groaned and turned around to face him. I rested my arms on his waist as I stared up at him with puppy eyes, Jake looked down at me and groaned.

"No, don't do that. You now I'll cave in." Jake protested turning his gaze elsewhere. 

"That's kinda the point, Jake." I laughed at him. Jake finally returned his attention back to me and sighed before giving me a simple nod, but that nod meant more than enough to let a squeal escape from my throat. 

"Ah I love you so much, Jake." I cried wrapping my arms around his torso and pulled him close to me, Jake could only laugh at me again.

After a few minutes of us getting ready in our winter gear, we're both ready to go outside. Jake trailed after me as I pulled him out of the house and made our way down to the hill at the bottom of our street, already there is children there with their parents playing in the snow. Jake grabbed my hand and caught up with me as we walked down to a spot that had yet to be taken by any one, the sledge in his other arm. 

"My butt is going to be freezing after this." Jake complained, setting the sledge down. I could only giggle at him as I sat down at the front, Jake sat down behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. 

"Ready?" I asked leaning my head back and looked up to him.

"Yes." Jake nodded smiling widely at me. I grinned and turned back to face the front, taking hold of the reins I gave a shuffle and soon Jake and I were making our way down the hill. I let out a large squeal as we slid down the hill, Jake behind me chuckled deep into my neck. Once we hit the bottom Jake rolled out onto the snow and began to make snow angels, I laughed and joined him. 

"This is fun." He commented as his arms and legs moved in sequence.

"Obviously, snow is fun to play in no matter what age." I smirked looking to Jake with a grin on my face. Jake laughed and we continued to make snow angels. After being out for a while playing in the snow, we made our way back to the house with ours butts frozen and our faces bright red.

"I'm going to make some hot chocolate." I smiled running down the stairs once I had changed from my winter gear into a pair of pj bottoms and Jake's old Hitmen jumper. I walked into the kitchen, grabbed two mugs and began to make warm hot chocolate for us both. Minutes later I brought the two mugs with marshmallows and whipped cream into the living room to see Jake sitting beside the fire, he smiled and beckoned me over to him. I grinned and handed him the mug before sitting beside him, he unraveled the blanket around him and I took place next to him.

"Toasty." I smiled leaning my head against his shoulder as he wrapped the blanket around us.

"I had fun today." Jake told leaning his head against mine. 

"So did I." I replied with a smile on my face. Jake laid a kiss on my forehead and cuddled me closer to him as we sat the rest of the day in each others embrace, enjoying every minute of it.

A/N: Last day of the season today! Who have you got winning the Cup? I joked with my dad and said the Maple Leafs, but who knows!

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this.

-Lauryn.