#135 - Marco Scandella - #6 Buffalo Sabres: Part Two

"Buon compleanno! (Happy Birthday!)" I sang to Jacob when I knocked against his bedroom door. I entered into his room with an unlimited stack of pancakes topped with maple syrup and whipped cream, and a candle stuck in the top with the number 7 in blue wax. 

"Thank you, zia(aunt) Y/N." Jacob smiled sitting up in his army covered blankets. I sat down at the edge of his bed and held the pancakes out to him. 

"Make a wish." I told. Jacob smiled and closed his eyes, his face scrunched up in thought and then he blew the candle out with all his might.

"What did you wish for?" I asked, giving him a little nudge. 

"I can't tell you that zia(aunt) Y/N, my wish won't come true then." Jacob answered defensively. 

"OK, OK." I laughed handing Jacob his pancakes. He gladly accepted them and dug in once the plate reached his hands. 

"Eat that up, get dressed, and then come down stairs. We have a party to organize for you." I smiled, ruffling his hair.

"And Marco is coming." Jacob grinned, his cheeks sticking out as pancakes filled them. 

"Yes, he is." I laughed, a smile appearing on my lips at his name. Jacob caught on and smiled cheekily at me, but the sight of his pancake filled cheeks only made him look innocent and cute.

"Hurry up." I told, my laugh echoing throughout the house as I exited his bedroom. 

_ _ _ _ _ 

I let the last yellow balloon fall into the pile of multiccoloured balloons that are already blew up, Jacob sat on the couch playing his favourite game, NHL17. I walked over to him and laughed when I saw him playing as the Minnesota Wild, he looked up to me and grinned cheekily before going back to his game. 

"You better hurry up and win before everyone arrives, it'll be rude of you playing that when everyone is here to celebrate your birthday." I told, checking off the food buffet in my mind.

"Do you think Marco will have a game with me?" Jacob asked from the living room. I peaked my head around the corner and saw Jacob looking in my direction with big eyes. 

"I'm sure once everyone has gone, you should ask him though." I replied with a smile. 

"Good, I hope he does." Jacob nodded and turned back to his game. I chuckled lowly and went back to making sure everything is perfect for Jacob's birthday.

_ _ _ _ _ 

The clock finally hit noon and already half of our family and extended family are sat or stood standing in the living room, with Jacob as the main focus of attention. He smiled greatly and accepted every gift with a huge grin and a thank you, his eyes lighting up each time someone hands him a card or present. 

The door to the house knocked and I excused myself to answer it, pulling it open I came face to face with a grin showing a row of perfect white teeth. Marco smiled down at me and I returned the smile. 

"Nice to see you again." He said stepping into the house once I moved out of the way. 

"It is, come through." I replied, directing him into the living room that is already filled to the brim that family members are starting to migrate the kitchen. 

"You have a lot of family members." Marco commented from behind me. I could only nod and agree with him. I made my way over to Jacob with Marco following behind me, I stopped and tapped Jacob on his shoulder. He turned around and smiled widely when he saw the person standing behind me, Jacob jumped off the chair and rushed over to the hockey player.