#42: BRANDON SAAD - #20 CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS: PART ONE

The door slammed close around eleven in the evening and heavy stomping of feet as they run up the stairs indicates Brandon is home, and not in the least bit happy.

I stay in the same position as I was before he came home, my book in hand as I concentrate on reading the words in my book but the loud banging from Brandon makes it hard. Seconds later Brandon emerges into the bedroom, a sour look across his face as he did. His breathing is rough and loud as he threw off his shirt and grabbed an old t-shirt of the chest of drawers, I said nothing as he continues to make his way loudly into our ensuite.

"Have you seen my toothbrush?" Brandon shouted loudly as he rummages around the sink top to find what he's looking for.

"Last I saw you tooth brush it was in the same place you left it this morning." I told looking up from my book, when he didn't reply I turned back to reading.

"You know are you just gonna lay there and do nothing? I can't find my toothbrush and if I'm correct, you've been the only one home all day so you know where it is." Brandon sneered walking out of the ensuite and shot a glare towards me.

I let out a sigh and closed my book, making sure I put the bookmark on the page I finished reading. "Are you insinuating that I moved it?"

"You were the only one home all day." Brandon said turning back into the ensuite, I followed behind him and groaned at the sight he has left the sink.

"You better clean that up. I spent the whole day cleaning up this place we call a home, and I don't want you coming home ruining the place!" Brandon spun around and glared as me evilly, so much hatred filled his body attitude.

"Excuse me, I have been out all day working hard. I expect there to be at least a little love whenever I come home." He shot back.

"Since when have I never gave you any love? I love you enough that I gave up my life in Chicago to move out to bloody Columbus just because you asked me to come with you when you got traded. Does that not show you that I love you?" I shouted putting my hands on my hips and stared down Brandon, he didn't budge one bit.

"Yeah there's love there, but I expect a home cooked meal, a clean home, a nice smelling house when I come home. But what do I find, my lazy fiance laying on her ass doing nothing at all! My fiance should be doing what most women do and that's working at home, making sure the man has a clean home to come home to after a hard day at work." Having enough of Brandon's sexist words, I pulled off the engagement ring he gave me and threw it at him.

"Here give that to someone who wishes to be an old fashion wife because I've had enough! I'm not someone who you can treat like a piece of crap, I am a woman and I will do whatever I wish. If you want a clean house, you clean the house yourself, but I will not stand and listen to you be a sexist piece of shit towards me." I shot back and turned on my heel and walked back into the bedroom, I gathered as many clothing items and things as I could to get me through a couple of weeks away from Brandon and threw them into a duffle bag. Brandon had not moved from his place in the ensuite, I didn't wait to here what he had to say. 

"Good luck with your life Brandon." I shouted as I walked out of our, well now, Brandon's house. I jumped into my car and didn't look back once I drove away from the house, leaving behind every memory we had together and a future I thought would be set.

Brandon's PoV:

I bent down to the ground and lifted up Y/N's engagement ring I gave her the day I got traded to Columbus, when the trade came through I begged her to come with me and got onto one knee and proposed to her, she said yes and moved with me to Columbus. The coldness of the rung hitting my fingers like wildfire and I shivered at the thought of no longer being with him.

I'm an idiot to act like that towards her and I should not have said what I did. I had a bad day on the ice and there has talk of me being traded again, I got angry at everything. And shouldn't have because now I have lost the most important person in my life and that's Y/N, she's gone and so is our future together.

Not giving up on her, I grabbed a Columbus Blue Jackets jumper off the back of chair and rushed down stairs with the ring clutched in my hand tight.

I won't give her up. There is no way I am going to let her go.

I jumped into my car and put it into gear before driving off, still having Y/N's ring grasped firmly in my hand.

I pulled up to an intersection, the darkness of the night not doing any of this searching any justice. As I turned at the intersection, I didn't see the oncoming car that didn't have its headlights turned off and it collided head on onto my car. The force of the hit knocking me about and the car spun around, as the car came to a standstill the darkness consumed me, and all I could do was clutch the ring in my hand like my life depends on it.

A/N: Ah so I am behind on a lot of requests, but I am getting them completed.

Also before I go, should I do a part 2 of this?

-Lauryn.