#107: ANDRE BURAKOVSKY - #95 COLORADO ALAVANCHE

Song: Oceans Away - ARIZONA

Few thousand miles and an ocean away, but I see the sunrise, oh, just like the other day.

I had my back against the blanket that lay across the grass and the heels of my feet touching my bottom, I had my hands on the back of my head as I kept my eyes trained on the sky above me. The golden shine of the sun began rising from behind the mountains, it fills the sky with memorizing colours of red and orange that illuminated the sky. I held my hand up in front of my face and the sun rays disappeared, I spread my fingers a little and the rays beamed against my face. A smile crept onto my lips as I watched the sun rose slowly in the sky. 

It was the ringing of my phone that made me take my eyes off the sun, I took hold of my phone and answered it without seeing who is calling.

"Hello?" I said moving my eyes back on to the sun that was just breaking above the mountain in front of me.

"Hey babe, how are you?" Andre asked from the other end. My smile grew as I heard his soft accent coming through on the other line. 

"I'm quite well, what about you?" I replied scrunching my eyes up at the sun.

"Good, good. I am fine, just about to fall asleep." Andre said giving a sigh at the end. 

"Wanted to hear my voice before you go to sleep?" I wondered biting my lip at the thought of him doing that. 

"Yeah." Andre chuckled. 

"You're the definition of cheesy." I laughed loudly that my laugh echoed throughout the mountains.

"What?" Andre whined. "Am I not allowed to hear the voice of my girlfriend?" 

"You can, I just wanted to tell you that." I said smiling widely.

"How is Australia?" Andre asked.

"Beautiful, though it isn't the same with you not here with me." I sighed twirling a piece of my hair in my fingers.

"You're having fun, right?" 

"Much fun." I smiled.

"That's good, I'm glad you are having fun." Andre responded with a hint of sadness in his tone.

"I bet you are having fun too, not having me telling you to clean up your mess." I laughed, Andre laughed as well.

"True but I gotta go babe, I will call you when I wake up. I love you." Andre told, stiffing a yawn as he spoke.

"Talk to you later, I love you." I replied hanging up on Andre. I put my phone done on the blanket and turned my attention back on the sunrise, the sky filled now with a golden tone instead of the beautiful colours moments ago. 

Picture your eyes as I fall asleep, tell myself it's alright, oh, as the tears roll by.

I lay on my bed, my body turned on its side and my hands wrapped around my pillow as I tried to fall asleep but I couldn't. Being away from Andre this long scared me, I had never been away from him this long and I have many months left on this trip before I return back to Washington again. I'm scared in case I come back and he doesn't love me anymore, I'm scared in case he has found a new lover and loves her more than me.

The days now seem to drag more now than when I first arrived in Sydney, they are longer and are filled with more doubt about why am I here in the first place. I could give up and leave without no word but I wouldn't do that, it would seem selfish as I only want to go back to Andre.

I keep telling myself that it is alright, that I can do this but I only find myself crying after it as I picture myself with Andre laying beside me. In the dream he is smiling his goofy grin, his brown staring into mine as we say nothing but enjoy each others company. I go to reach out but find an empty space beside me, the tears keep rolling and I finally cry myself to sleep like every other night. 

Ooh, I wish I could feel your face. Ooh, I'm helpless when I'm oceans away.

I found myself sitting in the same spot again, the blanket beneath me and my head against the palm of my hands as I awaited the sunrise. I pictured Andre beside me, laying next to me as we both waited for the sun to break the surface. I hated to admit to Andre that I do this whenever I wish he's beside me enjoying the things that enthrall me. 

I turned to my side and saw Andre laying beside me, my first reaction was to touch his face like always but I remembered I'm here and he is in Washington. I rolled back over and blinked as my eyes began to gloss over, I feel helpless without him here beside me but somehow I am still here working like normal. I turned my attention on the horizon as I tried to knock Andre's face from my thoughts. 

The sky once again was filled with the memorizing colours of red and orange as the sun began to break into the air to signal the beginning of a new day.

A/N: Dance_Fandoms I know this isn't what you asked for but I had trouble writing what you had requested so instead of giving up I decided to write this, I hope it is OK and that you aren't too mad that it isn't what you had requested. 

Winter break has begun and so I hope to get a lot of the requests posted. 

-Lauryn.