#14: CONNOR MCDAVID - #97 EDMONTON OILERS

"Come on Connor, they still love you!" I stated sitting down on the hotel bed. Connor walked out of the bathroom fixing his hair for the hundredth time tonight, his face scrunching up whenever strands of his hair fell in front of his eyes.

Tonight is the night that Connor and I visit my parents for the first time since the day we left for Edmonton, and Connor is more nervous now than he was on his first game playing for the Edmonton Oilers. 

"How do you know that? What if they turn round and say 'you're no longer good for our daughter, we want her dating someone who doesn't play hockey' or something like that?" Connor argued turning the light off to the bathroom. I chuckled and patted him on his back as he walked past me.

"I'm pretty sure my parents would rather having me dating someone I've known my whole life, plus every time my mother calls her and my father always want to talk about you rather than me. They love you more than me." I chuckled following Connor out of our hotel room and into the hallway.

"Yeah, maybe you're right." Connor nodded grabbing my hand. I laughed and shook my head at my boyfriend of two years.

It didn't take long until we drove into my parents driveway, the traffic wasn't as bad as expected. My mum is already at the door by the time Connor and I got out of the car.

"Y/N, Connor. How are you my little babies?" My mother asked excitedly, opening her arms to us as Connor and I walked hand in hand up the steps. I felt Connor's hand tighten as my mum wrapped her arms around us both, his nervousness noticeable.

"Hello mother." I said struggling to pry her arms off Connor and I. Finally I got her to let go of us and we followed her into the house, my father came up to Connor and give him a firm pat on the back with a giant smile on his lips.

"Connor McDavid, how are you my son?" My dad asked taking Connor off into the living room, leaving my mother and I in the hallway. 

"Y/N, come help with the dinner my dear." My mum told walking into the kitchen. I gave a nod and I followed her into the kitchen. I grinned when I saw my brother Cillian sitting at the island with a can of beer in his hand. 

"Y/N, how's my baby sister?" He smiled getting off the chair and moved towards me. His arms wrapped around me and gave me giant bear hug, I chuckled and hugged him back.

"I'm good, shouldn't you be at college?" I asked sitting down beside him at the island. Our mother busied herself with the food.

"I graduated last year." He chuckled taking a drink of his beer.

"I forgot that." I said shaking my head at my own stupidity. Cillian laughed and patted me on my head.

"Is Connor here? I want to have a little chat with my soon-to-be brother in law." Cillian asked spinning around on his chair to look into the hallway. I mentally groaned, I can see why Connor was nervous to come now. Big brother bear is just waiting to come out and I'm afraid of what Cillian has to say to Connor, hopefully nothing too bad.

"Yeah, he is with dad in the living room." I told watching Cillian stand up and walk out of the kitchen. My mother walked up to me and put her hand on my shoulder.

"Y/N love, he's going to scare Connor." She chuckled patting my shoulder and walked back to making dinner. I gave a groan and rested my head in my hands, this was a bad idea coming home for the summer.

_ _ _ _ _

"So Connor, how's Edmonton?" My dad asked once everyone sat down at the table ready for the lovely meal my mother has prepared for us. My dad obviously sits at the head of the table, Connor and I sit facing each other while Cillian sits beside Connor to his right and my mum sits beside me

"It's a nice place, the people are really friendly and they love their hockey." Connor nodded taking a sip of water.

"That's good, you're looking after my little girl right?" And there it is. My dad had to ask that question.

"Yes, Mr. Y/L/N. Y/N is perfectly safe in Edmonton, I think she likes living there." Connor said nodding his head before taking another drink of water, I can feel the nervousness radiating off him from in front of me.

"That's good, I'm glad." My father nodded before shoving a load of pasta into his mouth.

"Connor, my man." Cillian spoke up and I groaned knowing what could be coming next.

"You haven't done the nasty with my little sister, have you?" Cillian asked laying a firm grasp on Connors shoulder. I choked on my food at Cillian's words. Connors face went white and eyes wide. And my mothers fork dropped out of her hand and glared at Cillian.

Brothers, they are just the best.

"Cillian Robert Y/L/N, not at dinner and especially not when your father and I are around." My mother gasped kicking Cillian underneath the table.

"Ma." Cillian whined bending down to rub the area where our mother kicked him. 

Connor is unable to get his words out and nor can I, both our gazes on each other and our eyes wide at what my brother said. I should have just told my parents Connor and I were busy and couldn't make it to see them.

_ _ _ _ _

"Remember to stop by next time you're home." My mother sighed sadly wrapping her arms around me tightly and hugged me tightly.

"Will do mom." I told pulling out of the hug and moved back to stand beside Connor, my hand slipping into his as we stand in front of my parents house.

"See you soon, we love you." I said waving to our parents and we walked towards to our car. Connor opened the door and held it open for me until I go in, he closed the door and walked around to his side of the car and got in. A few minutes later Connor pulled out of the drive way and out onto the main road, finally being able to relax after that stressful evening with my parents and brother.

"Well that was eventful." Connor commented turning the radio down low when we got onto the highway.

"You've no idea." I sighed wanting to forget the past few hours. I rested my head against the head rest and turned my head to Connor, a small smile on my lips as I stared at him.

"I'm so glad that your father changed the conversation after your brothers comment. I'd hate to have said yes I have had sex with your daughter and your dad murder me on the spot, wouldn't look good if the star of the NHL was murdered by his girlfriends father." Connor laughed pulling into the car park of the hotel. I gasped in shock at Connor's words. 

"Connor!" I exclaimed slapping his shoulder, my eyes wide at his confession.

"What? I got to tell the truth and it's true that we have had sex." Connor smirked his voice full of cockiness and got out of the car. I gasped  and scrambled out of the car, my legs running after him as he walked towards the hotel entrance.

"You are so full of it, McDavid." I chuckled sighing at the end when I finally reaching up to him. Connor chuckled loudly at my words, his arm wrapping around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. 

"You love me though." Connor smiled laying a kiss on my cheek.

"That I do."

A/N: OK I got a bit carried away with this one, I'm sorry if it's so long and boring. Also it's kinda based on a true story, I brought my boyfriend home and my brother (who is 11 years old) asked him had we done the nasty (I'm only 16), after that I haven't had my boyfriend back to my house since.

-Lauryn.