#145 - Patrick Kane - #88 Chicago Blackhawks

The early morning glow of the sun shone down on me as I walked through Millennium Park in Chicago with my German Shepard, Bear, walking in front of me with his tail wagging and tongue out. Not many people walked the paths of the park this early in the morning and as I passed those in it, I greeted them with a polite smile before continuing with my early morning walk like I did every morning.

I came to a halt at the water fountain and glanced around at those who where in the park, my eyes caught the blonde haired male who I see in the same spot every morning stretching beside a bench before taking off into a small jog. A smile crept on my face as I watched him jog away from me, my eyes staring at his muscled figure and I began walking briskly in the direction he went. 

I stayed a few good meters away from the male, walking ever so close to him to walk past but then I slowed down as my nerves got the better of me. My focus was kept on his back, my attention not on my overly large dog who saw a squirrel and broke off into a run. I let out a yelp as his lead slipped out of my grasp and he ran away from me, he ran in the direction of the blonde male and knocked him over from behind. I gasped loudly when I saw him fall face first against the hard ground and watched as my dog ran over his back, I broke out into a run and stopped at the male who still laid face first against the ground.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry about that. He gets excited so easily and well, he saw a squirrel and nothing stops him once he sees a squirrel." I explained quickly bending down on one knee in front of him. He looked up at me and chuckled deeply, his deep blue eyes stared back into mine and it made me blush.

"It's alright, I'm not too badly hurt." He groaned pushing himself up and brushed the stones off his body.

"Just my hands, nothing that can't be healed." He smiled showing me his skinned hands. I grimaced at the sight and he quickly put the down.

"I can pay for any medical supplies, it was my fault Bear ra-"

"Bear?" The male questioned. I blushed at the name of my dog. 

"It's the name of my dog." I chuckled a little with my cheeks flaring up. 

"It suits him. Where is he?" He asked looking around for my dog. Instantly my heart began to beat faster as I too looked around for my dog and found him no where.

"He's ran off, I'm sorry but I must go and find him. Again, I am so sorry for him knocking you over. See you soon." I ushered out quickly as I turned back around to face the pretty male. 

"It's alright, I can help if you like? To find him that is." He offered, but I shook my head. 

"I don't need to waste your time, and he won't have gone far." I smiled as I declined his offer even though I wanted to say yes, and spend more time with the male who I have developed a crush on over the past few months of seeing him here at the park.

"Are you sure?" He pressured and I nodded my head.

"Yes, I'm sorry. See you soon." I said before running off in the last direction I saw Bear go.

_ _ _ _ _ 

Close to an hour later I made my way back to the benches with no Bear. I felt defeated as I couldn't find my dog, I should have just ran on to stop him but I couldn't leave the guy alone after my dog trampled over him. I scanned the area looking for the large unmanned German Shepard, but still there is no sign of him.

I sighed and took a seat on the bench closest to me and stared up into the sky, soon it would be busy and even more impossible to find Bear. I decided to give up for now and make my way on home, there I would call the animal services explain my situation to them and hope they would keep an eye out for Bear while I would post flyers about my missing dog.

I let out a breath as I stood up and began to make my way to the closest exit. Behind me someone shouted, but I shrugged it off as I knew it was most likely not for me. I kept on walking until someone laid their hand on my shoulder, I jumped and turned around to see the pretty guy from earlier in front of me. I blushed and looked elsewhere when I saw him looking into my eyes.

"Is this Bear?" He asked gesturing to the large German Shepherd. I gasped and dropped to my knees before attacking Bear with hugs and kisses, his tongue ran across on my cheek and I laughed loudly as I hugged him.

"Yes, thank you so much for finding him!" I exclaimed standing up and hugged the male. 

"It's fine." He smiled when I stepped back. 

"Where did you find him?" I asked bending on one knee in front of Bear. 

"Just as you left he came running out of the bushes, I tried calling for you but you were gone so I thought I would look after him until I found you again." The male said kneeling in front of Bear as well and began to rub his fur.

"Oh thank you, how can I repay you for looking after him?" I wondered looking into the males eyes. 

"Your name and a cup of coffee together?" He asked smiling nervously at me.

"Y/N." I replied extending my hand out for him to shake. 

"Patrick." He said back and shook my hand. 

"And yes, I would like to go grab a cup of coffee with you." Patrick smiled at me and stood up.

"This may sound a little weird and probably very demanding, but would you like to go for it now?" He asked nervously and shifted his feet back and forth. 

"Yes, now would be great." I chuckled standing up and held tight onto Bear's lead in case he saw another squirrel.

"Amazing, shall we?" Patrick said gesturing for us to walk out of the parks exit.

"Yeah." I nodded and followed him out of the park. Bear walked in front of us as we talked, his tail wagging and tongue hanging out in happiness. In later years to come, hopefully I can repay him for running over Patrick.

A/N: This is so bad, I am so sorry you guys had to read this. This is also unedited so apologies for mistakes and that.

-Lauryn.