#127 - Jim Craig - 1980's Olympics: Team America

My leg is bouncing uncontrollably as my eyes keep darting from the clock and Jim who is between the pipes, right now the clock is our enemy with 40 seconds left in the third period, if only the clock would tick down quicker than it is. My hands flung to my mouth as a Soviet player skated down the ice towards the net, my eyes quickly moved onto Jimmy who got ready for the shot that is coming towards him. I let out a cheer whenever he kicked the shot away and the puck bounced off the wall, I watched intensely as another Soviet grabbed it and brought the puck back around to face the net. He shot the puck and Jimmy made another spectacular save, I, once again, jumped up from my seat and cheered him on like the other fans in the stands did.

11 seconds left on the clock and the puck is being cleared from our zone, Ken Morrow passed the puck up to Dave Silk who shot the puck down to the Soviets zone, and that was it. We won! The Americans beat the Soviet Union, the unbeatable team for fifteen years lost to a team of young guys who were put together no more than eight months ago.

I hugged the person next to me as I cheered loudly, to say the least I am beyond happy but it must be nothing compared to how the boys are feeling. I ran down the steps with other fans and found my way onto the ice, I ran across the ice and threw my arms around Jimmy. 

"We did it Y/N, we did it!" He shouted engulfing me into a huge hug, he lifted me into the air and spun me around. 

"I can't believe it!" Jimmy said once he set me done on the ice, I held onto his arm and smiled widely at him.

"Neither can I, you played absolutely amazing." I told standing up on my tiptoes and my lips only brushed against his chin as he is much taller than I am.

"Hey, why don't you go see what O.C is doing?" Jimmy suggested his eyes darting over to the bench where Herb had just reappeared on. 

"OK." I said skeptically, Jimmy leaned down and pressed his lips on my forehead before skating off to the bench. I found Jack hanging around Mike and made my way over to him, I walked over to the two and hugged each of them in congratulations.

"Well done boys, I believe you guys will be celebrating for weeks on end." I laughed. 

"Darn right." Jack nodded slinging his arm over my shoulder, I looked over to find Jimmy but he was no where to be seen, I sighed and continued on chatting with Jack and Mike until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to find Jim smiling at me, I returned the smile but gasped when he got down onto one knee. Tears formed in my eyes as he pulled out a ring box from behind his back, his smile beamed at me when he opened it.

"Today I didn't know if beating the Soviet's was possible, but it has shown me that anything is possible even the most daring of things. Before my mother passed away she told me that I was lucky to have you in my life and I am, I am the luckiest man to have you here by my side today and I hope that you will continue to do so. So I ask the most daring question a man can ask to a woman, will you do the honours of becoming my wife?"

I stared at him, too in shock of what is happening, but without a second thought I nodded my head in agreement. Jimmy's smile got even wider when he realized that I agreed to be his wife, he stood up and gently removed my hand from my mouth and slipped the ring onto my ring finger. The crowd around us cheered whenever I wrapped my arms around Jimmy and rested my head on his padded shoulder, the smile on my lips grew as I thought about my life together with Jimmy.

"I love you." I told looking up into Jimmy's eyes, he smiled a toothy smile at me and leaned down to press his lips against mine. 

"I love you too." He told wrapping his arms around me once again, I kept my arms around him and smiled whenever I caught the ring placed perfectly on my ring finger.

A/N: NHLgirl22 so sorry for the long wait, and apologies again for not completing what you had originally requested. Also I hope it was alright!

By the way guys, Bell donated over $6 million dollars to mental health initiatives across Canada. This is amazing number and I'm so happy to know that there are people out there who want to stop the negativity that mental illness has, if any of you guys helped out I'm so happy!

-Lauryn.