#15: GABRIEL LANDESKOG - #92 COLORADO AVALANCHE

Everyone has that one sound they love to listen to constantly whether the sound calms and soothes them to the point of relaxation. The sound of rain patting down against anything in its way makes me feel warm and soft inside, the smell of it whenever the cold water lands against the hot surface is something I love. Whenever I see the dark clouds coming and the rain finally starting, I'll find myself sitting beside an open window with a book and a hot mug of tea in my hands. From there I just read and drink my hot tea until the rain stops, and life comes back to reality.

And that is where I currently find myself sitting staring out the large glass window into the downtown area of Vancouver.

The rain beats down heavily against the window and the streets below as my gaze is looking up towards the dark rain clouds above the city of Vancouver. Gabriel had begged for me to come on this road trip with him and the boys to western Canada, the joy that exceeded out of me when he told me that I was allowed to come was unreal, and of course I agreed to come because it would have been a small holiday with Gabriel minus the whole playing hockey with his team.

I gave a peaceful sigh as another clap of thunder struck above the city, more rain falling against the glass window. I've become oblivious to the world around me I didn't notice my boyfriend, Gabriel, walk into the hotel room dressed in his suit for today.

"Hey babe, are you OK?" Gabriel asked fixing his tie in the mirror. I quickly glanced at him, a small smile forming on my lips at the sight of the handsome Swedish male, and nodded before turning back to the world outside. 

"What are you doing?" Gabriel wondered walking towards where I am and sat down beside, his hand resting on my knee.

"Nothing really, just watching the rain." I smiled watching a single droplet of rain make its way from the top of the window to the very bottom of it, my smile growing wider as it fell. From the corner of my eye, I saw Gabriel smile widely at me and his head shaking slightly. 

"What are you smiling about, Mr. Smiley?" I asked turning and nudging Gabriel with my foot.

"You are very weird at times, but that is one of the main things that made me fall in love with you." Gabriel shrugged grinning a giant smile at me and looked out the window. His words making my heart flutter and my stomach have butterflies, even after dating for two years he still has the same effect on me every time he compliments me or does something nice for me. I love him, I love him so much.

"Uh, thank you." I blushed and looked back out the window. The rain has picked up and is beating down heavier against the people in the streets below us.

"Can I ask you something?" Gabriel spoke aloud after a long comforting silence between us.

"Yeah, you can ask me anything." I nodded with my attention still focused on the outside world in front of us.

"You've always sat by the window when it rains and I've always wondered why you do it, why do you do it?" He asked turning to face me, his legs crossed and rested his elbows on his knees with his chin resting on the palm on his hand. I turned around and faced Gabriel, I mimicked his movements and gave a sigh.

"I don't know." I shrugged looking at Gabriel with my eyes looking into his beautiful blue eyes.

"Growing up I just loved when it rained, it made me feel happy inside. I loved waking up in the morning to hear the rain hitting against my window, or the feeling of the world outside being soaked while I was all cozy inside with a blanket and a hot drink. My love for the rain grew as I got older, it pretty much kept me sane whenever I had a lot going on. Everyone has their escape from the world whenever it turns against them, listening to the rain just happened to be my escape." I shrugged with my attention now on Gabriel's knee as I draw circles on it.

"It is comforting to listen too, I see why you like it." Gabe announced grabbing my hand that's on his knee. He pressed his lips on the back and entwined our fingers together and held it close to his chest, his smile making my heart flutter.

"It is." I nodded looking back out the window. The rain eventually stopped but the dark clouds still looms over head, hopefully there is more rain to come.

"Too bad." Gabe sighed kissing my hand before standing up.

"Where are you going?" I asked spinning around to see Gabriel picking up his phone and walked over to the desk in the hotel room.

"My game is in two hours and I need to go to the arena now, you want to come now or later?" He asked pulling on his blazer for tonight's game.

"Now, the rain has finished and it's boring when you're away. I miss the company." I pouted standing up and grabbed my Landeskog jersey out of my suitcase. I slipped it on and Gabriel chuckled wrapping an arm around my shoulders when I stood beside him, his lips being placed on my temple.

"Lets go now, my dear." Gabriel said in a posh voice as he held the door open.

"Thank you, my lord." I chuckled walking out of the hotel room and waited for Gabriel to lock the door. He grabbed my hand and together we walked into the hotel lobby and walked into the wet streets of Vancouver.