#103: JAMES NEAL - #18 EDMONTON OILERS

"Nu uh." I said to Mike who followed me into the kitchen, he leaned against the fridge and stopped me from opening it. I sighed and eyed him up and down, he still didn't move.

"Come on Y/N, I promised him I would get him someone to go with." Mike pleaded putting his hands on each side of my body.

"There are over three hundred thousand women in Nashville and you choose me to be his date? What happened to your policy 'never date a hockey player'? I'm technically going on a date with him." I sassed to my brother raising an eyebrow in his direction.

"I know, I know but the dinner is tomorrow and I know you don't have anything planned,"

"Who says I don't have anything planned?" I shot back pushing past Mike and finally opened my fridge, I didn't have anything planned for tomorrow night, I just cannot be bothered to dress up fancy when I could be home in my sweats eating ice cream and binge watch Netflix.

"That's not the point, he needs someone and I thought you would be good because you both are weird and are in need of a love life." Mike told moving over to the counter and leaned against it.

"So you're planning that this dinner will bring James and I together?" I asked popping open the bottle of water in my hand. I took a long drink as Mike answered.

"Basically, yes. Just try it Y/N, he'll be the only one there without a date." Mike said looking to me with pleading eyes. Taking a deep breath, I closed the lid on my water and looked in Mike's direction.

"Fine I'll go, since I've nothing better to do and he shouldn't be left out with no date." I sighed setting the water bottle on the counter, Mike cheered when I said yes.

"Thank you sis." He grinned walking over and patted my head.

"This better be worth it." I told following him back into my living room, I took a seat on my couch while Mike stood putting his shoes on.

"It will be." Mike said walking back over towards me.

"6 o'clock my house, tomorrow night." He told leaning down and ruffled my hair with his hand, I waved my hands in the air to stop him and shot him a glare as he walked away.

"See you tomorrow." Mike shouted as he walked out of my house.

Tomorrow can't come quick enough.

_ _ _ _ _

I arrived at Mike's house at 6 o'clock on the dot, I wore a slick black dress that was low cut on the top and went all the way down to my ankles, I had a pair of black high heels on as well and a sliver necklace that Mike had bought me for my birthday last year. I didn't bother knocking as I entered his house, he and a few of his teammates sat on his couch, beers in their hands as the watched Montreal vs Toronto.

"Y/N!" Mike shouted as I walked in, everyone's attention turned to me. I looked around for more women but I couldn't find any, that little lying bother of mine! There isn't any, he just said that to make me feel bad.

"Hey." I seethed putting on my best smile yet I knew Mike could see the daggers that came for him after tonight's event.

"James, this is Y/N, my sister and also your lovely date for tonight." Mike smiled looking to the scruffy brown haired male who sat beside him, he looked up to and gave a smile. A smile in which made my heart beat a little too quickly.

"Great you two have met, now let's get going." Mike said standing up and switched the TV off, I glared at him when everyone else wasn't looking.

"So much for him going alone, there's not a single woman in here apart from me." I whispered loud enough for Mike to here.

"I'm sorry Y/N but he needs some love in his life, I thought saying that would make you feel sorry for him and want to go on this date thing with him." Mike told putting his suit jacket on, I sighed and looked back to James who quickly looked away when my eyes connected with his.

"He is kinda cute." I smiled looking back to Mike who groaned when I said that.

"Never say that in front of me again." Mike said making a face in disgust, I laughed at that.

"Right boys, let's go!"

Thirty minutes later and I found myself sitting at a table beside James, Mike sat on the other side of me engrossed in a conversation with a guy named Roman.

"I'm sorry about this, I didn't think he would have gotten someone for me. You probably think I'm a sad person who can't get a date, you can leave if you wish." James told leaning over so Mike wouldn't hear us, I turned to face him and gave a little shake of the head.

"No no, don't be silly. I'm not going anywhere, I said I'd come with you so I will stay to the end." I said giving James a true smile, he grinned and leaned back in his chair.

"Your brother was a great help when I moved here from Pittsburgh, he helped me out with a house and showed me around some of the famous sights," James smiled, I turned to my brother who still was in a conversation and then back to James. "He's a good guy."

"Yeah he's alright." I laughed which made James laugh as well.

"Do you want to get out of here? We don't actually have to stay, it's not mandatory." James asked me.

"Why not." I grinned standing up with James, he took my arm and wrapped it in his own before us walking out of the dinner.

In the end we went out for a lovely meal and a nice walk along the busy streets before James walked me home. He stood at my doorstep and we talked for a bit before he asked could he kiss me, I agreed and after that kiss, it started a new relationship.

A/N: So I noticed that the 10 facts tag that I did had a lot of reads so I though that if you guys have any questions you'd like to ask me, go ahead and ask them. I pretty boring person though so I don't know how it's gotten so many reads!

I've got a couple of Part Two imagines coming up, they should be up within the week.

I should also say Happy Independence Day to any Finnish readers out there.

-Lauryn.