#63: MATTHEW TKACHUK - #19 CALGARY FLAMES

This is it, overtime. Whoever scores first will win the Memorial Cup. It is always nerve wracking whenever a game is sent into overtime, but this game, this game will determine who is the best team in the Canadian Hockey League. The nerves and fear that must be running through the guys must be unbearable.

I sit at the edge of my seat beside Matthew's dad, my hand at my lips as I chew my nails in nervousness. Matthew has played so well throughout the whole season, and now it comes down to one goal. Will the Knights win? Or the Huskies? Only one goal will tell who is the best team and win the cup.

"Come on!" I shout cheering the boys on as they get the puck out of their own end. The puck is sent up the left side of the ice and Matthew is there to catch it. He swerves around the defenceman and moves his stick back to shoot, Dvoark moves his way in front of the Huskies goalie to create a screen and then it all happened. Dvoark's arms go up into the air and Matthew falls onto the ice, his arms in the air too. He scored! Matthew scored the winning goal.

I jump from my seat and through my hands into the air, they won. London won. The London Knights won the Memorial Cup.

The Knights bench clears and the boys make their way onto the ice, attacking Matthew with hugs and hi-fives all around. I am engulfed into Keith's arms as we both cheer on Matthew. He scored the first goal of the game and now the game winning goal, how could we not be happy?

"He did it!" I cheer smiling down at Matthew on the ice as the team all got their 'Champion 2016' hats.

"My boy won!" Keith gushes at the sight of his son on the ice as the winning team and not to mention, getting the winning goal. Soon the trophy is brought out and Mitch is awarded the trophy for the best player in the series, then the commissioner of the OHL came out and awards the Cup to Dvoark and Marner. I cheers and clap loud and proud for the team, London deserves to win after the season they had in the OHL, they deserve it. And with Matthew being draft eligible, this year is starting off well for him.

A member of security came and told that family are allowed onto the ice now, the members of the teams family starts to make their way down the steps and follow the security man to the ice level.

"Aren't you coming?" Keith asks as I stay put on the seat.

"No, he said family. You guys go, I can wait here until they've finished." I tell nodding to Keith to follow, but he doesn't. He walks back up to me and stands in front of me.

"You are part of this family, you and Matthew have been together for nearly a year. Now come on, you have to celebrate with him on the ice or he'll be heart broken." Keith smiles, giving me a firm reassuring pat on my shoulder. I smile at his words and follow him, we soon make it onto the ice and Keith wraps his arms around Matthew as soon as he saw him.

"Well done son, well done!" Keith grins pulling back and pats his sons shoulder. Matthew smiles and looks around for me, when he sees me his smile only gets wider.

"You did it." I cheer walking up to him and wrapped my arms around Matthew. He grins and hugs me back before pressing his lips against mine for a celebratory kiss.

"OK, lovebirds." Keith laughs as we move apart. Matthew and I both have flushed looks on us as we look towards his father, his father sends us a cheeky smile and I hide into Matthew's chest.

"Whoo!" Mitch screams as he skates over to us and pulls Matthew and into a hug before skating off to Cliff Pu.

"I'm so happy for you guys, you deserved it so much." I say leaning back into Matthews chest. He wraps his arms over my shoulder and rests his chin on my head as he and Keith have their own conversation.

Finally the boys vacated the ice and made their way to the changing room, while family members wait outside and continue to celebrate their win. Matthew is the first to exit the room dressed nicely in his suit with his hair slicked back, he walks over to me and presses his lips on mine, but I move away quickly.

"Why?" He groans taking my hand into his and kisses it.

"You'll get more later, right now it's time to celebrate that win!" I giggle leaning into Mathew's side as we walk out of the arena.

A/N: this is so bad! I hope you like this puck1223, I know you asked for it to be him winning the OHL cup, but since they won today and it's fresh in my memory I decided to change it to him winning the Memorial Cup.

-Lauryn.