#168 - Anders Lee - #27 New York Islanders

Anders' PoV:

The feeling of jealousy struck my gut the moment I saw her walk in with him, her arm wrapped in his and her gaze focused on him while his eyes are elsewhere but her. Her eyes looked lovingly at him, you can feel the love she gives him from where I sit but nothing exceeds form him. I turned my gaze to the guy on her arm, his eyes roamed around the girls that are in the pub, his eyes lingering on each girl's backsides before moving to the next.

Perv, I thought and took a large gulp of beer.

They walked further into the pub and he let go off her arm before moving onto his friends in another corner of the pub. Y/N stood awkwardly where he left her but soon found me and John at a table of our own. She gave a wave in acknowledgement and moved towards us, John gave me a kick on the shin and directed his eyes towards her then winked at me. I rolled his eyes and kicked him back, Y/N slid into the booth beside me and John gave a subtle wink at me.

"Happy birthday, birthday boy." Y/N smiled and gave me a quick hug when she got beside me.

"I didn't think you'd show up." I commented letting go off Y/N and ignored the Canadian in front of me who kept grinning like a child in my direction.

"And what, miss your birthday? I couldn't do that." Y/N chuckled leaning into my arm.

"It's not like something special is going to happen, I'm only a year older." I shrugged and drank more beer in my pint. 

"Excuse me, but birthday's are a wonderful thing to celebrate." Y/N said her smile brightening on her lips, the smile making my insides scream with happiness.

"Everything about Anders is wonderful, wouldn't you agree Y/N?" John interrupted and leaned his elbows against the table. I rolled my eyes at John, telling him had to be the worst thing in my life. I told him I love Y/N, and have done since I can remember. But I can't very well tell her when she doesn't love me back nor can I tell her due to the fact she has a boyfriend, even though he is the biggest jerk on planet earth.

"Of course, he's the best." Y/N told hugging my arm and for the second she held it, her touch made me insides swirl and then the feeling disappeared the second she let go.

"The best." John said raising his eyebrow and pulled a face to me. Getting creeped out by his actions, I spoke up and changed the subject.

"You want a drink? It's on me." I asked Y/N.

"Oh, just a glass of water will do." She nodded and slipped out of the booth to let me out. I gave a quick smile in acknowledgement and walked towards the bar, a hand came into contact with my shoulder and I looked up to see Brock leaning against the bar beside me.

"Can I get a glass of water and another pint of beer, please?" I said to the bartender when they came up to us. They gave a nod and walked away, I turned to Brock.

"What?" I asked when he kept staring at me.

"When are you going to tell her?" He said coming closer so I could only hear what he is saying. I looked at him with an eyebrow rose, unsure of what he was talking about.

"What about you talking about?" I asked to my teammate beside me.

"Y/N. When are you going to tell her that you're in love with her?" He said again this time a little louder. I glanced around the pub quickly in case anyone heard, thankfully nobody did. I leaned in closer to Brock, looking around again before speaking.

"How do you know?" I wondered.

Brock gave a sigh. "Dude, it's obvious. The moment you saw her walk in, you looked up and your cheeks blushed. Man, I don't think I've seen anyone look at a girl like that before. You're deep in love with her now."