#54: JOHNNY GAUDREAU - #13 CALGARY FLAMES: PART ONE

As the car pulled up into the driveway of my house, I instantly know who's car it is and I know who the person in the car is. I have been sitting in the same spot on my porch since seven this evening, not once did I receive a call or message from him explaining why he didn't show up on time.

He opens his car door and slams it closed, his shoes quickly walk along the gravel ground and I still don't look up at him. He stands in front of me, looking down at my silent figure as he leans against the wooden rails of the porch.

Not one of us speaks anything for a while. And then finally Johnny speaks up.

"I'm so sorry." He says softly. His words make me look up at him with a hard look on my face, Johnny responds with a sheepish smile on his lips.

"I didn't realise the time, I just got so busy." Johnny ushers out before I could speak to him. Seeing the look on his face and his words sends me over board.

"How do you just forget something like this? Didn't you realise what we have been planning for the past few weeks? Don't you realise why were are going to New Jersey?" I ask with so much pain and venom in my tone that it makes Johnny cringe.

"It's easy to forget things. The guys came round and wanted to hang out before we go to New Jersey, I didn't want to say no to them." Johnny says giving a simple shrug at the end. His words make me even angrier and I shake my head at him.

"Do you even know what today's date is?" I ask turning my attention to his face and watch as he thinks hard about that. He doesn't know.

"You don't know, do you?" I scoff shaking my head at my boyfriend of three years.

"Johnny, what's today's date?" I ask leaning back against the porch swing and watch Johnny.

"It's April 28th." He says and then his eyes fly towards his hairline, shock filling his features.

"Oh, shit" He whispers shaking his head when he realizes what today's date is. 

"Yeah, oh shit." I mumble glaring at him.

"Our three year anniversary, Johnny. It is great to know that your teammates are more important than me and celebrating our anniversary together." I sigh angrily at Johnny. Johnny tries to make up for his mistakes and starts to panic.

"I can make it up to you babe, I swear. We can go out now if you want, maybe go get a little food and then go for a walk downtown, I know you like to walk the peace bridge at night." Johnny suggests, ushering out whatever pops into his thoughts first.

"No, Johnny. I'm sick of always being left in the blue when it comes to our plans, I am sick of you always forgetting about the stuff we have planned together." I say rising my voice in hopes that Johnny will see my pain. 

"Please. I can make it up to you, I promise." Johnny protests moving off the railing and over towards me.

"I'm sick of having to compete with the guys for your attention, because it always ends like this. I am always left alone and you always forget about me." I says closing my eyes to stop myself from crying. My bottom lip wobbles and I take a deep breath to calm myself down.

"No one is competing for my attention, you are always going to be my number one priority." Johnny tells kneeling beside me and takes my hands into his.

"It doesn't feel like it, Johnny. It always feels like I am the last thing that is on your mind, you seem to have more important things on your mind." I mutter finally letting my tears fall down my cheeks. 

"Shh, don't cry baby. Don't cry. I promise you, you are always on my mind." Johnny says softly, using his thumb to wipe away some tears that escape from my eyes. I turn my head away from Johnny, his hand falls from my face and looks at me in worry. Finally having enough of everything, I say words that I never thought I would have to say in our relationship.

"I want you to leave." I tell quietly, but it is loud enough to make Johnny stand up and back away from me.

"What?" He asks looking to me in disbelief.  

"I want you to leave, Johnny. As much as this hurts me to say, I'm finished with our relationship. I can't keep up with all this, I love you, but I can't." I say standing up from the porch swing, ignoring the looks of confusion I am receiving from neighbours. 

"Don't do this, please don't do this. I love you too, please like we fix" Johnny pleads softly, his eyes filling with tears and pain. I want to rush over to him and hug him and tell him I'm sorry, but I don't, I stay in my place with my eyes looking to Johnny.

"Johnny, please leave. You're making this harder than it needs to be, please go." I tell keeping my cool, and let more tears slowly roll down my cheeks.

Without another word, Johnny nods reluctantly and walks down the steps of my porch. He opens his car door and sits in the drivers seat for a few seconds before starting it up. The sound of it starting up makes me jump and more tears fall knowing I have hurt myself and the person I love deeply. My eyes are focused on the ground as Johnny pulls his car out of my driveway and down the street. As soon as his car is out of my sight, I rush into my house and lock the door before running up to my room and cried myself to sleep.