#170: ANTNONY CIRELLI - #71 TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

"Hey, darling. Do you need any help with the chores?" Anthony called from his spot on the couch. I huffed out some air as I hauled the laundry basket onto my hip, I exited the laundry room and stood at the door looking into the living room. Despite his offer, Anthony sat comfortable on the couch watching the game between the Golden Knights and Rangers.

"I'm good." I responded. Anthony looked at me quickly before his eyes went back to the game on TV.

"Are you sure? Because I-, yes!" Anthony cheered as Vegas scored another goal against the Rangers. I chuckled and rolled my eyes at my hockey obsessed boyfriend.

"It's fine, Ant. I can do this myself, enjoy your game." I said walking further in and pressed a quick kiss on his cheek. Anthony turned his head and caught my lips against his, he pulled away with a cheeky grin and winked at me.

"You're a chancer." I chuckled shaking my head at Anthony.

"You love me though." Anthony replied turning his attention back to the game, he reached forward and grabbed his chips and dip and brought them back onto his lap.

"I do and I'm nearly done with the laundry, finish watching the game." I said walking out of the living room and towards our bedroom.

I sat the basket of clean clothes on our bed and began to put them away, I grabbed a pile of Anthony's socks and boxers before walking towards his chest of drawers. I hauled open the drawer and began to put his stuff away, my hand touched against something hard and I jerked it away. I reached forward again and moved his socks out of the way, my eyes landed on a small velvet box in the corner of his draw and I stood wide eyed with my mouth hanging open.

No way is that an engagement ring. Is it? It can't be. We're only twenty years old, we're too young to even start thinking about getting married.

My hand wrapped around it and brought the small box out, my shaking fingers lifted open the lid and inside is a silver band with a tiny stone of my birth month on top. I gasped slightly when I ran my finger over it, my eyes transfixed on the beautiful ring in front of me and I failed to see Anthony staring at me from the door way with a soft loving look in his eyes,

He cleared his throat and I jumped at the sound, the box falling from my hand and Anthony reached forward quickly to stop it falling on the floor.

"I, uh, I." I stuttered trying to get my words out, but nothing seemed to come.

"It was silly of me to hide it in the most obvious of places, you go in there almost every week." Anthony muttered to himself and looked at the ring as well. I felt myself grow red in embarrassment, my whole body wanting to run away and hid from Anthony. Anthony didn't seemed fazed by the fact I found something I shouldn't have, he simply moved over to the bed and sat on it with the box twirling in his fingers.

"It isn't an engagement ring if that's what you're thinking." Anthony spoke up after the silence between us became too hard to bear. I felt myself breathe easy, but a little prang of heartache hit at his words. We have been together since he first played for Oshawa all those years back. He smiled at me when he skated past where my family and I sat all those years ago and I knew then that Anthony is the one for me. My family and I attended the away games to support the Generals and went to many of the season ticket events, and each time I went I always found myself floating towards the dark haired ice hockey player. After a year being friends together, he asked me out on a date. At first I was apprehensive about it, after all we were young and only sixteen, but after many thoughts about it I agreed to go on the date with him, and the rest you can say is history.

"It is a ring of sorts though, it's a promise ring." Anthony said moving off the bed and towards me. I hadn't moved from my place in the middle of the room, Anthony came in front of me and held my hands.