#115 - Sidney Crosby - #87 Pittsburgh Penguins

"So Y/N, when is Sidney popping the big question?" Catherine, Kris Letang's wife, asked as we sat down to a conversation among the guests attending her New Year's Eve party. My jaw dropped a little and I let out an awkward laugh, Sidney and I have been dating for over five years and not once has the marriage conversation came into play. It would be nice to be proposed to but Sidney is busy with hockey, I doubt he has even thought about it himself.

"Nah, I don't think the question is coming any time soon. He is far too busy with his hockey." I laughed shaking my head, I brought my champagne up to my lips and took a large gulp of it.

"Awk don't use that as an excuse Y/N, everyone knows you two are meant to be together. You're like soul mates." Catherine told, I laughed at that. 

"Well, I do love him very much but we haven't talked about marriage or kids, I just assume that he hasn't thought about that stuff." I shrugged looking in Sidney's direction, he stands engaged in a conversation with Evgeni. When he smiles at whatever Evgeni said, I find myself smiling too. 

"Come on, let's dance and forget about that." Catherine smiled standing up, I grinned at her and followed her onto the dance floor. 

The time rolls by quickly and it becomes five minutes to midnight, I looked around to find Sidney but he is nowhere to be seen. As I got up to leave Sidney walked out onto the stage and tapped at the microphone, he waited until everyone was quiet to speak up.

"Can my beautiful girlfriend please join me up here?" He asked shakily, his attention turned to me. Everyone's eyes now on me, I felt my face go red as I walked onto the stage and stood in front of Sidney. Sidney gave me a weak smile as he got down onto one knee and held my hand in his, instantly my heart began to speed up. Everyone's attention know firmly on Sid and I as they awaited him to ask the question, I could see Catherine in the crowd smiling widely at Sid and I.

"Y/N, it has been five years since I asked you to be my girlfriend and not once in those five years did I ever regret asking that question. The years I have spent with you have been the best years of my life, you have given me courage and hope and I hope one day that I can repay you for everything that you have given me. It has taken me five years to pluck up the courage to ask you this question, I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with you so I ask you, will you do the honours of becoming my wife and spend the rest of your years with me as Mrs. Crosby?"

"Yes, yes." I nodded tears streaming down my face, Sidney grinned and stood up, he wrapped his arms around me and engulfed me in a giant bear hug.

"Guys, ten seconds until the New Year!" Someone shouted from the crowd, Sid pulled back and grinned at me as everyone began to count down.

10...

9...

8...

7...

6...

5...

4...

3...

2...

1... 

"Happy new year!" The crowd screamed out.

I looked over to Sid who is already staring back at me, he smiled and lent forward to place his lips on mine.

"I love you." He said backing out and rested his forehead against mine.

"I love you too Sid." I replied closing my eyes and listened as the party guests cheered and clapped to welcome the new year in. 

A/N: Happy new year guys! It is 2017 here in Calgary and I am spending it getting so many imagines written to be posted soon. I hope you guys have a wonderful 2017, this year let no one bring you down, let no one stand in your way of doing what you want. This is the beginning of a new year and it is day one of 365, make 2017 your year and yours alone! 

See you guys with my next update!

-Lauryn.