#38: MITCH MARNER - #16 TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS: PART TWO

I through myself into my school work after Mitch and I broke up. Every time I tried to do something fun it reminded of the fun times that I had with Mitch when we were together. Now that he's gone and no longer with me, there is a hole in my heart that was once occupied by him and it is my fault that we're no longer together.

"Hey Y/N." Brittany, my friend, smiled walking up to me in the hallway.

"Hey." I said back, giving her the best smile I could muster and it ultimately failed.

"You two still not back together?" Brittany asked sighing sadly as I shook my head at her answer.

"Oh, honey." She said wrapping an arm over my shoulder.

"I miss him." I whispered closing my eyes to stop myself from crying in the hallway.

"Oh my poor Y/N." Brittany cooed hugging me close to her.

"If he would just understand that I'm not doing this because I don't want to be with him anymore, I'm doing this because my stupid parents are making me go over to York in England. I never asked to go out of the country for school, my parents wanted me to go over there because of their program. I just miss him so much it hurts because I love him, I want to go him and tell him how much he means to me face to face, and hopefully he'll see how much I love him."

"Then do it."

"What?" I asked in disbelief at what Brittany said.

"Go to him, tell him everything you just told me and if he doesn't take you back then he isn't the one. But what you've told me, you two love each other so much you made a long distance relationship worked until the other day." Brittany told laying her hand on my shoulder in friendly manor, I looked up at her and understood where she is coming from. I have to go and tell him in person how much I love him, it needs to be done in person.

"Yeah, you're right." I nodded running the thought through my mind and instantly coming to an agreement.

"Of course I am, I'm always right." Brittany chuckled lightening the mood between us.

"I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna go to see Mitch and tell him how much I love him and want him back. I'll even beg my parents to let me apply to a university Toronto so we can be together again, I love him." I told nodding my head as I agreed with what I said.

"That's the Y/N I know, now go get that boy back." Brittany announced, I smiled and waved her goodbye as I walked out of the school with determination on my mind.

It took some convincing in my parents case, but they finally agreed to let me go and visit Mitch in London and they agreed to let me transfer to a university in Toronto as well, that took more time to convince them than it took to go see Mitch in London.

_ _ _ _ _ 

The plane landed in London, Ontario around six in the evening, and made my way to Mitch's house with determination on my mind. I got out the cab and paid for my fair, the driver drove away and I am left alone outside Mitch's house.

Taking a deep breath, I walked up to the door and knocked it.

"I'm coming." He shouted, his voice sending chills down my spine. This is the first time we've saw each other in two years face to face, how will he react when he sees me? Joy? Happiness? Hatred for turning up? I left my thoughts when the front door to Mitch's house opened and stands in front of me.

"Y/N?" He said his voice sounding astonished as his eyes widened when he saw me.

"Hey Mitch." I said giving him a little wave. In seconds my body is pinned against Mitch's with his arms securely around my waist, I didn't think that twice about working my arms around Mitch's torso, and I held him close to me. He still smells the same, his body still fitting mine perfectly. He's still the same Mitch from when I left almost two years ago.

"I'm such an idiot for shouting at you the way I did, I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions about you wanting to break up with me, that's what my mind instantly thought because we haven't been together in person for years. I thought that I would never see you again when you moved to Vancouver and then when you said that you were going to York, I immediately thought that my dreams had came true that we would once again be together in person. And then when you said that it was in England all my hopes were gone, I thought that we would break up and never see each other again. I'm sorry for be a dick towards you, I am so so sorry Y/N. I just love you too much to let you go." Mitch told hugging me like his life depends on it.

"Shh Mitch, I forgive you." I whispered hugging Mitch.

"I love you Y/N, I still love you." Mitch croaked pulling out from the hug, his eyes red as tears trickled down his face.

"I love you too Mitch." I smiled leaning my forehead against Mitch's.

"Give me another chance, I promise we can make this work." Mitch promised, moving his hands up to my face and cupped my face in his hands.

"Of course Mitch." I nodded smiling at his words.

"Thank you Y/N, thank you." Mitch said leaning forward and kissed my lips. The first time we have kissed since I moved away to Vancouver, I pulled back with a smile on my lips.

"I've missed you so much." I told my hands finding Mitch's.

"You've no idea how much I've missed." Mitch sighed kissed my forehead.

"I hope you don't mind that I may be living with you next September." I shrugged wiggling eyebrows at Mitch, instantly his eyes lit up in happiness and his arms wrapped around my waist.

"Oh my god, you're going to school in Toronto?" Mitch asked lifting me up into the air.

"Yes, I hope so. I applied to York, Toronto and Ryerson." I nodded biting my lip in happiness.

"I love you so much!" Mitch exclaimed spinning me around in his arms.

"Let me down." I squealed, laughing loud as Mitch continued to spin us around.

"I love you Y/N." Mitch said seriously as he sat me down on the ground, I looked up at him with loving eyes.

"Mitch, I love you too." I smiled standing on my tiptoes and pressed my lips against his again.

A week later I received a letter from York in Toronto accepting me into their university, Mitch and I both ecstatic at the thought of finally being together again after being so far away from each other.