#150 - Matthew Tkachuk - #19 Calgary Flames

I was always one to think that when you are in a relationship with someone, you tell them everything that happens in your life. That's how I believe trust is built within the relationship, when you tell your other half everything you're building that sacred bond between you and your partner. So when I found out that Matthew had been keeping secret that he was leaving for a long road trip tomorrow morning without telling me, of course I am furious at him.

Pulling up to our flat complex, I turned my car off and slammed the door closed when I stepped out. My breathing hard as I climbed the stairs and when I came to our front door, I took a deep breath before opening it with my key and entered into it. Once I had entered into the flat, I slammed the door closed to let Matthew know that I am home and not happy. You could say that I am being childish about this matter, but when you think about it from my view it seems that Matthew is going to up and leave tomorrow morning without telling me where he is going for weeks, and making matters worse I would have believed he had left me for good. 

"Did you honestly believe that I wouldn't have found out?" I asked with anger in my voice. I walked into the living room and saw Matthew on his laptop, he looked up from it and stared at me for a bit before he looked back to whatever he was doing. 

"Well?" I asked putting my hand on my hips and awaited his answer. 

"I don't know what you are referring to." Matthew simply said not taking his eyes off the screen. I walked around the sofa and stood facing him on the other side of the coffee table.

"Oh, don't bullshit me, Tkachuk. You know fine rightly what I am referring to." I told folding my arms across my chest. I took a deep breath to control my anger, but Matthew's actions towards what is happening isn't helping.

"Don't you care, Matthew?" I asked moving my arms outwards. My eyes trained on him, but he still did not look away from his laptop.

"Care about what, Y/N?" He said softly, his eyes never leaving the laptop screen. 

"You know what, screw you. Come find me when you've stopped being a jerk." I told storming out of the room. I walked into our shared bedroom and slammed the door closed, the picture on the wall beside it rattled and I knew I had slammed it too hard, but hopefully it woke Matthew up from his senses.

I took a deep breath and made my way over to the wardrobe, I undressed myself from my work clothes and got into my comfy house wear clothes. I looked over at our bed, the bed in which Matthew has seemed to have neglected and spent most of his nights in the spare bedroom or sleeping on the couch. His excuse was he didn't want to wake me when he came to bed early in the morning, but I felt it was something else. Maybe he does want to leave me and this is his only way of doing it? 

I walked back across the room when Matthew entered. I stopped and stared at him, he took the opportunity to close the door and walk over to the bed where he sat on it.

"So, what don't I care about then?" Matthew asked with sass in his voice. I rolled my eyes knowing that this can only go one way, another argument.

"You're so clueless, don't you realize that I know? That I found out?" I said standing across the room from him. 

"Found out what?" Matthew shouted raising his arms in the air in anger and desperation.

"That you leave tomorrow for two weeks!" I shot back, my voice raising as well. When those words left my mouth, Matthew looked down at his feet and shuffled awkwardly on the bed.

"I was going to tell you, I just couldn't find the time." Matthew said defending himself. I laughed sarcastically at what he said and rolled my eyes.