#109 - Tyler Seguin - #91 Dallas Stars

"Tyler, we need to talk." I told walking into the living room where Tyler sat on the couch, he had Marshall sat next to him. I held the test in my hand which was behind my back, I walked slowly over to him and sat down on the single chair facing Tyler. 

"About?" He asked pausing the movie. 

I took a deep breath and pulled the test out, I looked down at it before handing it over to Tyler. "I have taken three others just in case it was wrong but everyone of them are coming out positive, I'm pregnant."

Tyler stared at the test, no emotion showing on his face as he did. His eyes moved onto my face and then he spoke words that I wished I wouldn't have heard. "Get out." 

I felt the tears start and soon they began to cloud my vision of Tyler who sat facing me, his body screaming anger. I stood up and nodded, I walked into the bedroom and began to pack my belongings. I heard Tyler scream and throw the test somewhere in the house, I wanted to collapse onto the floor and cry but I didn't want to seem weak. Once I had everything packed I walked back out into the living room to where Tyler sat on the couch with his head in his hands, I wanted to speak up but my voice didn't let me and so I left the house with no word to Tyler. 

One year later;

Emma sat on my lap as she watches the players skate around the ice excitedly, her hands clapping as they passed us by. I hadn't noticed him but I felt his eyes on me like I always do whenever I come to a home game. After he broke up with me I didn't know what to do, I reached out to an old friend and she came to Dallas and helped me through the pregnancy, nine months after the break up I gave birth to a healthy girl and I named her Emma after my mother. I wanted to tell Tyler that he has a little girl but I never spoke to him after that, I couldn't bring myself to speak to him. I had and still do wonder why he told me to leave, why he broke with me, those questions still roam my mind after a year of us not being together. He ended a three year relationship due to a failed condom that resulted in myself getting pregnant. 

"He's staring again." Jane, my friend, whispered in my ear as I lifted Emma's tiny hand up and waved at John Klingberg who skated by us. 

"I know, I can feel him." I sighed turning to Jane.

"Does he not realize that what he is doing is very weird? If he wants to talk to you he should man up and do it, not stare at you from afar whenever you come here." Jane said almost in rage, I nodded at what she said. He hasn't spoken to me since the break up but he always stares at me from the bench during warm ups and even when the game is being played, at first I found it awkward and strange but seemed to warm up to the idea of him doing this every time I attend a Dallas Stars home game.

"Y/N, he is coming over. Y/N I repeat, Tyler is coming over here." Jane whispered loud enough for me to hear, I looked up from Emma on my lap and watched as Tyler skated over to were we sat in the stands. 

"Hi." Was all he said when he came up to the boards.

"Hi." I replied looking back down to Emma and held her hand with my index finger. 

"Um, Y/N, can we talk? After the game that is?" Tyler asked nervously, looking to his skates as he asked.

"Yeah, I guess." I spoke giving him a firm nod, Tyler almost smiled but stopped himself.

"Great, can you meet me by my car about an hour after the game?" He asked again looking into my eyes, I nodded again. 

"That's great, um, OK. I will see you then, goodbye." He said before skating away, I turned to Jane who sat beside me with her eyebrow raised at me. 

"That was strange." She told before turning her attention back onto the ice. 

"You have no idea." I replied bouncing Emma on my knee and held her hands.