#49: VICTOR HEDMAN - #77 TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

"Y/N! The boys are coming round, wear some clothes please!" My brother, Steven, shouts from the hallway in his apartment.

"I am wearing clothes." I yell back to him over the loud blaring music in my room. I raise my head when I see Steven walk into my room, his eyes rolling when he sees the state I am in.

"I mean actual decent clothes." Steven comments turning down my music. I push the blanket off my body and show him what I'm wearing.

"What's wrong with this?" I ask pointing to the shorts and tank top I have on.

"It's fine when I'm around, but not when there is a bunch of guys filled with testosterone coming over." Steven shot back folding his arms. I roll my eyes and climb off my bed before throwing a long shirt over my clothes.

"Better?" I ask with sarcasm in my voice and spun around to my brother.

"It'll do." Steven sighs rubbing his fotrbead.

"Is Victor coming?" I ask going back to my bed and pulled my blanket back over my body.

"Yeah, he is. Why?" Steven says and sits down on the edge of my bed.

"Nothing, he's just a jerk that's all." I shrug flipping the page in my textbook and stare at the words written in it. Steven chuckles beside me and I look up to him.

"Victor? You're lying, Victor wouldn't hurt a bloody bunny if he is forced to." Steven laughs loudly.

I roll my eyes again, I'm surprised I haven't eye-rolled myself into another dimension since I came to live with Steven. "It's great to know that you believe your teammate over your own sister, thanks Steven. Anyways please leave me alone, I've homework to do and I don't need distractions."

Steven sighs and pushes himself off my bed, he walks over to my door and slams it closed in the process. I ignored the loud bang it created and I focus on my homework, I also ignored the tears that pricked at my eyes that tried to escape when Steve left.

About twenty minutes later the once quiet house is no longer quiet, the shouting began and the loud music comes through the walls into my room as I tried to finish my work.

Finally having enough, I threw my work down and stomp down the hallway towards the living room where everyone is.

"Steven, can I talk to you please?" I ask politely as I could without losing my cool.

"Yeah, just a sec." He told waving me off and turned back to his conversation with Tyler. Giving up on waiting, because I would have been there forever, I walked into the kitchen to grab myself a can of soda.

"Wow, Y/N is wearing proper clothes, never thought I'd see this day." A snarky remark comes from behind me. I roll my eyes and ignore him as I continue to get myself a drink.

"I'm talking to you, it's rude to ignore people." Victor said coming up behind me and grabbed himself a beer from the fridge.

"You were talking me? Really? Because I heard nothing." I told slamming the fridge door closed. I turned to walk away when I heard Victor mumble something under his breath.

"What did you say?" I ask spinning around. If looks could kill, Victor would be dead right now.

"What?" He asks acting as if he didn't know what I said.

"What did you say?" I seethe walking closer to him.

"How could someone such as yourself have friends or even a boyfriend? Because I'd love to know, really I do. I know that if you weren't sister to my teammate then I for sure would never become friends with you!"

Tears once again prick at my eyes and I quickly wipe them away before Victor saw them, but he already has.

"And look here, she's crying because she knows I'm telling the truth!" Victor smiles at me.

"Fuck you Victor! Fuck you!" I cry rushing out of the kitchen and down to my room. I slam the door closed and through myself down onto my bed, finally letting the tears fall and my sobs leave.

Victor's PoV;

I watch as Y/N runs out of the kitchen, tears brimming her in eyes. I have gone too far this time, way to far and now I've made Y/N cry. I have made her cry because of my intentions on trying to keep my heart from falling in love with her, and yet I already am.

I only tease her because I know she'll never be mine, it is silly to think that a beautiful girl like herself would date me, and besides Steven wouldn't allow any of us to date his sister.

"Yo Victor, what was all that about?" Steven ask walking into the kitchen seconds after Y/N had left.

"Just me being the dumbass person I am, let me fix this don't worry." I told putting my hand up and leave the kitchen before walking towards Y/N's room. I slowly lift my hand to knock her door, but stopped when I hear her crying.

"Go away Steven!" She ushers out quickly as I finally knock her door.

"Um it's me, Victor." I say opening her door. Y/N sits up quickly and wipes her eyes

"What do you want?" Y/N spits, I cringe at the venom in her voice but understand why she is like this towards me.

"I've come to apologize about my behaviour." I told closing her door to block the sound of the party going on, silence overcome us as none of us say anything.

"No need, I know it's a forced apologize. Wait another couple seconds and then go tell Steven you apologized." Y/N says waving me off, she turns her back on me and picks a book of her table.

"Actually Steven didn't tell me to come apologize, it was my decision to come apologize." I sigh walking further into her room, Y/N turns around to face me with a shocked expression across her face, she sets her book down and starts talking to me.

"Your decision? You've been nothing but mean to me the day we met, what did I ever do wrong to you Victor? Because I've wrecked my brain about a million times trying to find the answer but I have never found it, what did I do?" Y/N asks almost pleading to me and I sigh knowing the full reason why, it is time to come clean about my feelings to her.

"Nothing, you did nothing wrong." I whisper running my hand through my hair.

"Then why have you been so mean to me?" Y/N asks leaning forward to get to know why. I take a deep breath and spill my thoughts.

"Because I love you, and I knew that we'd never have a chance of being together so I thought if I were mean to you then those feelings would go away, but they only made me fall for you even more. And then you came to practice one day with your boyfriend an-"

"Ex-boyfriend." Y/N says interrupting me.

"What?" I ask slightly shocked at her words.

"You heard right, we broke up because I realized something." Y/N told giving a little shrug.

"What was that?" I ask sounding intrigued.

"I realized that I never loved him, I only got together with him to rub it in your face because I love you too. And I thought by dating him I would get over you but I never did, I still love you." Y/N shrugs her eyes finally meeting mine. My thoughts go wild at Y/N's confession, a smile forming on my lips.

"I'm sorry for being such a dick towards you, I really am. Everything I said I never meant, I swear I never meant a word of it." I told moving beside Y/N on her bed, she looks down at her hands and then back up to me.

"It's OK, everyone says things they don't mean." Y/N says giving me nod. I move my hand up to her face and cup her cheeks with my hand, my thumb wiping the dry tears that stain her cheek.

"Well I mean this." I told leaning forward and pressed my lips into hers, Y/N kisses me back with her fingers running through my hair.

"I love you Y/N." I mumbled against her lips before pressing mine back against hers.

"I love you too Victor, I love you too."