9

After that demonstration I went food shopping. I couldn't go back to my apartment knowing I'll starve to death.
Back at the flat I started cooking lunch when I heard a knock at my door. I used Wanda's power to see who it was.
Steve.
Why are they always sending this boy? I opened the door.
"Can I talk to you?," he had his hands in his pockets. Nervous, he was.
"Sure."
He entered the apartment slowly as if I might have a trap waiting for him. I closed the door and walked back over to my bomb ass sandwich.
"Would you like one?," I asked because he was looking at it. He's probably never seen a sandwich this big. Five deckered, bitches.
"No, thank you."
"Well have a seat then, Cap."
He took a seat on the purple couch while I took the small red loveseat.
"What's the word?"
"Huh?"
"What did you come to talk to me about?"
"Oh. I wanted to let you know that you show great potential in becoming a member of the Avengers."
"Thank you, Captain. Is that all?"
"I was also asked to invite you to a social gathering tonight to celebrate our new recruit," he stated matter-of-factly.
"Wow! For me! That's awesome," I said with false enthusiasm. The real reason they wanted me to go is so that I can possibly open up to them. Maybe spill a secret or two. "I will be there!"
"Great! It's at eight pm and it's a cocktail party."
"Great!" I can't drink so what's the point of going?
He nodded once and got up to leave.
"See you soon," he said over his shoulder.
"Can't wait!"
I locked the door behind him and contemplated whether or not to show up. I could go and wear that hot black dress I bought two days ago. Or I could stay home and watch a bunch of movies and laugh in their faces tomorrow. Dress or movies?
I'm thinking dress.

The dress was simple but it gave me a chance to show off the ladies(my boobs ;)

The dress was simple but it gave me a chance to show off the ladies(my boobs ;). I wore black stilettos and did my hair in tight bun. Black eyeliner and mascara to bring out my eyes. I grabbed my coat and clutch and headed out the door.
Was there gonna be a lot of people? I hope not. My palms started to sweat from all of this over thinking.
"You can go back home you know," I told myself mentally. "No one will know you even came."
I was already in the elevator. "You'll be ok, babe. Just have fun. There might be a hottie at the bar waiting for you!" I smiled at that. We can't leave him waiting can we?
I stepped forward and everyone turned to look at me. Everyone. The Avengers were all there gaping at me. They all had tuxedos or dresses on. But somehow I stood out like a sore thumb. It's the hair.
"Hello," I said giving them a smile.
"Della! You made it!," Steve said waving me over to him.
"I'll be right there," I replied walking towards the bar. "I'm just gonna go vomit," I thought to myself.
"What can I get you, Miss?," the bartender asked when I got there.
"I'll take a virgin piña colada please."
"Coming right up."
Just then I felt a breeze next to me.
"I'll take a beer," Pietro asked the bartender. Okay... Hopefully this won't be awkward.
"Here you go, Miss," the bartender handed me my drink with a pink umbrella. Is he flirting? Or am I over thinking this simple encounter because he was cute?
"Thank you, kind sir!" I took the drink from him and I got up and walked over to Steve but not before I read Pietro's mind. He was thinking about apologizing to me. I'll be waiting, Speedy.
"You look stunning," Steve complimented.
"You don't look so bad yourself, Captain," I winked. He blushed.
"So glad you could make it, Della," Tony said coming around to greet me.
"Thank you for putting this party together," looking at the decorations now it felt as if I stepped into the 20s era.
"Yup this was all me."
I smiled taking a sip of my drink.
"Aren't you a little young to be
drinking?," Steve asked frowning.
"It's a virgin piña colada," I laughed.
"Yeah, Steven. You know all about virgins right?," Tony said giving Steve a clap on the back. He walked away before Steve could retaliate.
He rolled his eyes. "Sorry about him. He can be a bit immature."
"A bit?," I giggled.
He laughed with me.
"There's nothing wrong about being a virgin," I consoled him.
"I know he just bugs me."

This party was going! There were people mingling with each other and dancing together.
"These are the bomb! I'm gonna go get another one, cool?," I said getting up.
"Would you bring me one please? I would like to try this 'bomb' drink," Steve said smiling.
"Coming right up!"
I walked my way over to the bar. I saw Wanda talking to, who I found out is named Vision, the guy who gave me the stink eye. I didn't know what terms we were on so I didn't greet them.
"Hello, good man! I'll take two virgin piña coladas this time, please."
"Coming right up!"
"I'll take another beer."
Pietro is back. Is this intentional? Yup, it is.
I was sitting on the bar stool waiting for my drinks when he started to say, " I'm sorry about yesterday."
"I accept your apology," I checked his mind to see if he meant it. He did.
Now just try and convince your sister that I mean no harm.